Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ios93.jpg
Apple today released the first beta of an upcoming iOS 9.3.2 update for public beta testers, just a day after seeding the first iOS 9.3.2 beta to developers. iOS 9.3.2 comes just over two weeks after the public release of iOS 9.3 and a week after the release of iOS 9.3.1, a followup bug fix update.

Beta testers who have signed up for Apple's beta testing program will receive the iOS 9.3.2 update over-the-air after installing the proper certificate on their iOS device.

Those who want to be a part of Apple's beta testing program can sign up to participate through the beta testing website, which gives users access to both iOS and OS X betas.

iOS 9.3.2, as a minor 9.x.x update, focuses primarily on performance improvements and under-the-hood bug fixes to address issues that have been discovered since the release of iOS 9.3. We don't know all of the fixes that will be included, but one issue with lagginess when activating Quick Actions in landscape mode on an iPhone 6s has been fixed.

No other outward-facing changes or immediately apparent bug fixes were discovered in the first beta of iOS 9.3.2.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First iOS 9.3.2 Beta to Public Beta Testers

tosca001

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2015

ios93.jpg
Apple today released the first beta of an upcoming iOS 9.3.2 update for public beta testers, just a day after seeding the first iOS 9.3.2 beta to developers. iOS 9.3.2 comes just over two weeks after the public release of iOS 9.3 and a week after the release of iOS 9.3.1, a followup bug fix update.

Beta testers who have signed up for Apple's beta testing program will receive the iOS 9.3 update over-the-air after installing the proper certificate on their iOS device.

Those who want to be a part of Apple's beta testing program can sign up to participate through the beta testing website, which gives users access to both iOS and OS X betas.

iOS 9.3.2, as a minor 9.x.x update, focuses primarily on performance improvements and under-the-hood bug fixes to address issues that have been discovered since the release of iOS 9.3. We don't know all of the fixes that will be included, but one issue with lagginess when activating Quick Actions in landscape mode on an iPhone 6s has been fixed.

No other outward-facing changes or immediately apparent bug fixes were discovered in the first beta of iOS 9.3.2.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First iOS 9.3.2 Beta to Public Beta Testers
[doublepost=1460062960][/doublepost]I hope they restore function to Apple pencil to use it to turn pages in iBooks on iPad Pro . I went away with 9.3

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
I guess I have never noticed that the first is so big, perhaps laying framework for something bigger down the road...

The first version of a beta downloads the entire operating system. ~1.7 would be the entire assets of 9.3.2. Subsequent betas will be Delta updates. There are not 1.7GB of changes :p

dmnc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
I suppose no matter how many betas there are, there will still be beta testers who don't understand the purpose of testing, they still expect a toy or a piece of chocolate for testing.
We, as beta testers, would understand better what he have to test if apple released a changelog with the betas. I don't understand what's the point in having to discover the changes...
Even as an user I like to know what an update is about.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
We, as beta testers, would understand better what he have to test if apple released a changelog with the betas. I don't understand what's the point in having to discover the changes...
If it's just under the hood improvements and not new features or outward changes, then what would the average "public" user know or care about if lines of code are being corrected or changed? It would be just pages of code. Useful? No. Testers should report bugs. That's the point...not to discover new "things".

dmnc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
If it's just under the hood improvements and not new features or outward changes, then what would the average "public" user know or care about if lines of code are being corrected or changed? It would be just pages of code. Useful? No. Testers should report bugs. That's the point...not to discover new "things".
Well, I don't say it is necessary but even then why can't I know about what "under the hood improvements" have been made with an update (e.g. updated drivers). And notice that I didn't say discover new "things", but discover the changes. I'm just tired to read "under the hood improvements" without anyone able to tell me anything more specific.

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
Yes to list of known bugs being addressed.

Drives self-ejecting or unmounting for one.
Happening with TB, USB drives.

Transparency seems like a good idea treated as dirty word. Apple takes it too personally tarnish image??

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Or. "Safari links have been corrected" "Spotlight now searched music correctly" so folks can specifically test those areas to see if in fact it was fixed. Whats the difference in them providing a changelog upon release? Most end users probably dont even read those. Only us tech folks even care. Seems it would be more important to supply testers with that information than the general end user.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
This alludes me as well. Why should I have to beg the devs to tell me what's in the change log? I submit a few reports per beta for crap sake. I'd like to know what is fixed and what is broken too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.