Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming tvOS 11.2.5 update to its public beta testing group, one day after seeding the tvOS 11.2.5 update to developers. The first tvOS 11.2.5 public beta comes just a day after the release of tvOS 11.2.1, an update that fixed a HomeKit vulnerability.

The tvOS 11.2.5 public beta can be obtained by going to the Settings app on the Apple TV and navigating to the Software Updates section under "System." "Get Public Beta Updates" will need to be toggled on, and once it is, the Apple TV will download the beta software.

appletv4k-800x630.jpg

It's not yet clear what features and changes might be included in the tvOS 11.2.5 update as no outward-facing changes were discovered in the developer beta.

It's likely the update features security improvements and fixes for bugs that have been discovered since the release of tvOS 11.2 and tvOS 11.2.1.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of tvOS 11.2.5 to Public Beta Testers

AbblePC

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2009
I personally am still having the intermittent issue with the video blanking on my Apple TV 4K and Vizio 70” set. It is only the Apple TV that exhibits this trouble out of a mix of other video sources to the same TV and through rigorous troubleshooting, including cable replacements, firmware updates and settings. So hopefully this beta or a near future release, will have a fix for an issue I’ve seen prevailing throughout many forums, which the last release curbed the issue somewhat with allowing to match video content framrate etc. however is still not a solid fix for everyone.

FreeWoRLD83

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
I personally am still having the intermittent issue with the video blanking on my Apple TV 4K and Vizio 70” set. It is only the Apple TV that exhibits this trouble out of a mix of other video sources to the same TV and through rigorous troubleshooting, including cable replacements, firmware updates and settings. So hopefully this beta or a near future release, will have a fix for an issue I’ve seen prevailing throughout many forums, which the last release curbed the issue somewhat with allowing to match video content framrate etc. however is still not a solid fix for everyone.
I have the same exact issue since the couple of latest updates on my 2017 LG Oled tv.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.