Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fifth beta of an upcoming iOS 10.3.2 update to developers, just a few days after seeding the fourth iOS 10.3.2 beta and a little over a month after introducing iOS 10.3, which included features like a new Find My AirPods feature and Apple File System. Apple also released a minor iOS 10.3.1 update in early April, which focused on security improvements.

Registered developers can download the fifth iOS 10.3.2 beta from the Apple Developer Center or over-the-air with the proper configuration profile installed.

ios-10.3.2-beta-800x500.jpg

Apple doesn't provide detailed release notes for its beta updates, so we don't yet know what features, improvements, or bug fixes might be coming in iOS 10.3.2, aside from some fixes for SiriKit car commands that were outlined in the release notes for the first beta.

As a minor 10.x.x update, we can expect iOS 10.3.2 to offer bug fixes and performance improvements rather than outward-facing features. No notable changes were found in the first four betas, but if anything new is found in the fifth iOS 10.3.2 beta, we'll update this post.

Update: iOS 10.3.2 beta 5 has also been released for public beta testers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fifth Beta of iOS 10.3.2 to Developers

Reactions: Skoal

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Boy, you'd think they're releasing major features with this one. The saga continues
I think they are trying to iron all the bugs out, almost over kill because this IOS update will most likely be the last for a great many devices. IOS 11 going all 64bit won't be compatible.

-Update- This fixed the date coding issue (in mail) and exchange mail issue. Haven't tested anything else yet, need my other mac which is at home.. didn't think an update was coming today. Ah well, most fun this evening for me. :)

Last edited:

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
I think they are trying to iron all the bugs out, almost over kill because this IOS update will most likely be the last for a great many devices. IOS 11 going all 64bit won't be compatible.

-Update- This fixed the date coding issue (in mail) and exchange mail issue. Haven't tested anything else yet, need my other mac which is at home.. didn't think an update was coming today. Ah well, most fun this evening for me. :)
Whats a data coding issue in mail?

Reactions: Tjosansa

andy.ringwood

Suspended
Nov 20, 2016
Boy, you'd think they're releasing major features with this one. The saga continues

How about this is the last update for iOS 10 and quite possibly the last update for 32-bit devices as iOS 11 will be exclusive to 64-bit.

So actually, it's a very important update.

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Whats a data coding issue in mail?
Date coding, the app (mail) was not properly reading the exchange date (well lets say it probably was reading correctly but not reporting it) from the server during email transmission. So if you left the app, came back into it and looked at the bottom of the screen.. last check from server was not properly being reported. This issue has come up several times in the past during betas too, not just IOS 10 beta series.

Sharkoneau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2017
Michigan
How about this is the last update for iOS 10 and quite possibly the last update for 32-bit devices as iOS 11 will be exclusive to 64-bit.

So actually, it's a very important update.
Ah gotcha! I couldn't remember if this was the one that was kickstarting the transition, or not. It just drives me crazy because (being the nerd I am) I enjoy getting software updates :) Patience!

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
Date coding, the app (mail) was not properly reading the exchange date (well lets say it probably was reading correctly but not reporting it) from the server during email transmission. So if you left the app, came back into it and looked at the bottom of the screen.. last check from server was not properly being reported. This issue has come up several times in the past during betas too, not just IOS 10 beta series.
Did it happen on IMAP mail also on servers other than exchange?

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Did it happen on IMAP mail also on servers other than exchange?
Unfortunately I am not sure on that. I have exchange for my email on my devices. Maybe someone else who uses IMAP will be able to chime in prior to updating to Beta 5 to help answer?

Tomapple

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
Santiago, Chile
Anyone with bugs on messages taking several minutes to sync between iOS devices? Also, sometimes I have to go out of a chat and enter again for it to refresh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.