Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the third beta of an upcoming macOS Mojave 10.14.2 update to developers, one week after seeding the second beta and two weeks after releasing the macOS Mojave 10.14.1 update.

The new macOS High Sierra 10.14.2 beta can be downloaded through the Software Update mechanism in System Preferences after the proper profile has been installed from Apple's Developer Center.

macbookairmacosmojave2-800x460.jpg

We don't yet know what improvements the second update to macOS Mojave will bring, but it is likely to include bug fixes and performance improvements for issues that weren't able to be addressed in the macOS 10.14.1 update.

No new features were discovered in the first two 10.14.2 betas, but we'll update this post if anything new is found in the third beta.

macOS Mojave 10.14.2 comes shortly after the release of macOS 10.14.1, an update that brought support for Group FaceTime on the Mac and introduced new emoji characters.

Update: Apple has made a new public beta of macOS 10.14.2 available to its public beta testers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.2 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
There just a few things I don't like about Mojave (Or..it's just me), (very) slow wake up from sleep and the UI glitches we almost never got when macOS used to be OS X, things like Updating..Apps close, screen goes black but then for a second or so you see the desktop again, or like seeing the progress bar after awaking from sleep, things like this didn't happen before, it's there with each release for the last few years and no fix in sight.

Or, maybe it's time for me to start from scratch, never reinstalled OS X/macOs, always upgraded and this for the last decade and a half.

Reactions: dickie001x

project_2501

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2017
if Apple was more open about the things it wants to fix we'd know whether to hold out for a fix to the font rendering regression that came with Mojave

Reactions: Val-kyrie

steberg

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2013
New boot ROM and iBridge version on MacBook Pro 15 2018.

Boot ROM Version: 220.230.15.0.0 (iBridge: 16.16.2540.5.1,0)

Also, I see no more flickering in Safari.

ljonesj

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Kingsport TN
On Mojave’s initial release my iMac late 2015 ran fine. The one day I tried to wake the screen as I just that set to sleep it would not come back on. So I powered it off then waited a few minutes powered back on and nothing happened had to use my high Sierra back up I made before I installed Mojave’s I even tried a free install but as soon as I used my time machine back up to restore my files and apps it started not wanting to power up again. Wonder if the .1 update has fixed that or .2 yet

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 7.30.59 PM.png
Press the primary button, make a selection, the press secondary mouse button. The selected area stays there until you click somewhere on empty space.

In the image, mouse has been released, but the selection area remains. You need to click somewhere outside for it to disappear..

Works only on three button mouse.
[doublepost=1542392992][/doublepost]
What mouse selection bug? Can you expand on that?

davidjmarks

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2015
Trappe, PA
Has the time machine bug where initial backups grow out of bounds and never complete because they run out of space been fixed? The backup starts with a reasonable amount listed to be backed up. But sometime during the backup that amount starts growing and the amount backed up never catches up.

BigTRQ

macrumors regular
May 30, 2007
Has the Microsoft Exchange bug been fixed? When adding an Exchange account, about halfway through syncing, the account simply disappears from the Mac.

Collywobbles

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2017
Mojave is running really smoothly on my side since the beginning, but for reasons that I don't know, I'm always excited about these new updates :-D
that would be nervous excitement, or even trepidation! for me it isn't about what they fix, it's about what they've broken this time...
[doublepost=1543153569][/doublepost]what what have I moaned to apple about... well, PD not working properly. my Mac reports it's charging, when it's not... that's a bit of a bummer when the batteries are flat and I start losing work because the machine shuts off. wake from sleep with a second screen attached and you start frothing as the displays starting flashing. they won't stop till you pull the plug out for 10 seconds and then reseat it in the socket. the fans are still kicking in, it sounds like a jet (i9, 32gb, 1tb)... I now have iStat running to display the sensors and generally nothing is hot and the load is low; but the fans are blasting away... WIFI is still randomly dropping out. It also connects at slower speeds (2.4ghz, 802.11n), always seems to be when I'm trying to back the bugger up (sarcasm).

collin_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2018
There just a few things I don't like about Mojave (Or..it's just me), (very) slow wake up from sleep and the UI glitches we almost never got when macOS used to be OS X, things like Updating..Apps close, screen goes black but then for a second or so you see the desktop again, or like seeing the progress bar after awaking from sleep, things like this didn't happen before, it's there with each release for the last few years and no fix in sight.

Or, maybe it's time for me to start from scratch, never reinstalled OS X/macOs, always upgraded and this for the last decade and a half.
I did a clean install for the first time in 5 years a few weeks ago. Wasn't nearly as difficult as I expected and improved things a lot. Got rid of a persistent bugs

Reactions: Konigi

Cyprusian

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2018
At the top of my wish list is a fix for multiple occurrences of the following disk error which have appeared when running First Aid within Disk Utility on my MBP since upgrading to macOS Mojave (currently on version 10.14.1):

warning: inode_val object (oid 0xc1e9b): invalid bad_flags (0x10)

Although First Aid advises it has repaired these errors, subsequent re-runs of First Aid indicate the errors have not been eradicated. I've tried everything I can think of to remove these errors. This includes a complete erase/format of the internal SSD followed by a fresh re-installation of Mojave from scratch - all to no avail. (N.B. running First Aid from Recovery after erasing the SSD before installing Mojave, indicates no errors.)

I wonder if I'm alone in this experience?

KlingonSpy

Suspended
Dec 26, 2017

[doublepost=1543270736][/doublepost]I restarted from scratch with a clean install on a new 2018 MBP. Still does the same things you describe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.