Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the third beta of an upcoming macOS Mojave 10.14.5 update to developers for testing purposes, two weeks after launching the second beta and a month after the launch of macOS Mojave 10.14.4.

The new macOS Mojave 10.14.5 beta can be downloaded through the Software Update mechanism in System Preferences after the proper profile has been installed from Apple's Developer Center.

macosmojaveimac-800x668.jpg

It's not yet clear if there are new features in macOS Mojave 10.14.5, but it likely includes bug fixes and performance improvements to address issues that weren't able to be fixed in the macOS Mojave 10.14.4 update.

This update will make macOS more secure because after macOS 10.14.5, new Mac apps released outside of the Mac App Store that want to have Apple's seal of approval will need to go through Apple's notarization security process.

There were no major changes to macOS discovered in the first two macOS Mojave 10.14.5 betas, but if we discover anything new in this beta, we'll update this post.

The prior update, macOS Mojave 10.14.4, brought the Apple News+ subscription service, expanded Apple News to Canada, and introduced a new automatic Safari Dark Mode feature for websites.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.5 Update to Developers

shansoft

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2011
Did they fix the keyboard language switch? It occasionally lock to only English from time to time.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
They could have done the same thing they did to Stocks.app for 10.14.
But, I'm sure Apple want to use the "feature" for marketing on macOS 10.15's behalf.

Reactions: 0958400

Suspended
Jul 20, 2011
Hopefully it will automatically mount hard disks which are encrypted in hfs and whose key is stored in Keychain and I hope it fixes the itunes error when spotlight indexes mp3s which prohibits tag changes.

socialwill

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2014
This will be a marzipan app in 10.15

This makes the most since. If they bring power to the Marzipan that has been talked about recently (TouchBar support, Mouse, and others) it looks like this will be the primary way Apple would like apps to show up.

Reactions: hagjohn

tevonwallace

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2019
Jamaica
Good day everyone. I've been having issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks with my MacBook Pro 2018 with TouchBar.

I can only connect to some networks after a fresh restart. It connects to the Wi-Fi network for a couple minutes/hours then disconnects. The network is hidden until I restart. The Wi-Fi network I'm trying to connect to is not shown in the Wi-Fi menu but it is shown in the Wi-Fi section in System Report.

I found what is causing this issue. The explanation is as follows:

After a restart, all Wi-Fi channels are listed in the list of supported channels and when the Mac disconnects from the Wi-Fi, majority of the channels are gone from the supported channels list

The network I'm trying to connect to is broadcasting on a channel that is not in the list of supported channels on my Mac. I have to restart before all the channels are available.

Please let me know if anybody has this issue and if this issue is resolved in this version of macOS beta.

Last edited:

ScooterComputer

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Hasn’t been fixed here
The only client I have who went against instruction and installed 10.14.4 and got bit by this had to completely remove the G Suite account and re-add it to get it working. I've not seen any sufficient, official article discussing the issue, or saying it has been resolved, or how it was resolved. Which, IMHO, means it isn't. So far, everything has been "try this, try that." And, IMHO, removing a mail account and re-adding it is a non-starter; some clients have tens of gigabytes of mail, they can't afford the time waiting for all of that to download, much less the hassle of having to reconfigure an account. Just a non-starter. Baffles me how this never even got a mention in a Support article from either Apple or Google.

(And, to make thing worse, I had configured Mojave's Software Update Auto Update feature to be OFF on each Mac at the client site where that guy got bitten… yet… it somehow got turned back on on every Mac, from 10.14.1 or 10.14.2! AFAIC, Apple has some 'splaining to do. Just unacceptable behavior. It is to the point where I am installing and maintaining a Software Update "server" at each macOS-using client site now, to stop these shenanigans. This has been Microsoft-level BS; and even MS has seen fit to change their behavior in the May 2019 release. Apple is just shooting itself in the foot over and over and over… soon, they won't have any legs left to stand on, I fear.)

tevonwallace

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2019
Jamaica
Please improve the stability of T2 & Wi-Fi. I had no issues with my 2018 MBP before 10.14.4. :(

I'm having this issue with my MBP 2018 w/ TouchBar. It's not finding a lot of Wi-Fi networks. Some channels are gone from the list of supported channels when the Mac is one. I have no idea whats happening there

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.