Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the third beta of an upcoming macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 update to developers, two weeks after seeding the second beta and a month after releasing macOS High Sierra 10.13.2, the second major update to the macOS High Sierra operating system.

The macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 beta can be downloaded from the Apple Developer Center or through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store with the proper profile installed.

macoshighsierra10133beta-800x464.jpg

It's not yet clear what improvements the third update to macOS High Sierra will bring, but it's likely to include bug fixes and performance improvements for issues that weren't addressed in macOS High Sierra 10.13.2.

No major outward-facing changes were discovered in the first two betas of macOS High Sierra 10.13.3, but we'll update this post should new features be found in the third beta.

The previous macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 update focused solely on security fixes and performance improvements, with no new features introduced.

Update: Apple has also made a public beta available for public beta testers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Beta of macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 to Developers [Updated]

iansilv

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2007
Any fixes to local network accounts and server home folder hosting? Any fixes that will allow Office 2016 to run over local network accounts with home folders hosted on the server?

RazorD

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2004
Bath, UK
I don't want to, don't think I will update if they patch if it really slows down my Mac(s).
No no, I mean the publicly released 10.13.2 back in early December. Embargo means (in theory) no one can talk about it, but I'm sure as soon as it's up Apple will confirm they're fixed already :)

RazorD

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2004
Bath, UK
Okay, thanks! I didn't know that. :)
Yeh, the problem is the embargo is now working against Microsoft and Apple since Linux's open source commit messages leaked that something was going down.

Microsoft's "We have nothing to say right now", and Apple's silence is because they can't say they're ready and most people (with processors newer than 2012 which support PCID) won't notice a slowdown at all.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
This build number is 17D29a

The way the Bridge OS gets updated is also different now.

Starting with this beta there is a new thing called Mac OS Brain. You only get it if you install the delta version of the beta. In that case the Bridge OS then gets updated as a separate update - whereas previously it came as part of the beta.

On the other hand if you get the combo version of the beta then the Bridge OS gets updated the same way as before and you don't get a Mac OS Brain.

The change makes sense because not everyone actually needs the Bridge OS - i.e., those without the touch bar.

10.13.3 beta 3 files.png

Last edited:

Janschi

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2013
I hope it fixes my slow safari and my non-functional Siri. :(
Don't want to do a restore again.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Anyone know which folder it downloads the installer to??

When you start the update there will be a numbered folder in /Library/Updates. The update files are inside the numbered folder.

What that number is depends on the version you get.

If you get the normal delta it will be 091-57950 (this is the only one with the new Mac OS Brain)

If you get the patch it will be 091-57567

If you get the combo it will be 091-57566

In the case that you get the 091-57950 and also require a Bridge OS, you will get another one with number 091-57951 with the separate Bridge OS Update.

Last edited:
Reactions: celaurie

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Sent my iMac into an error loop. Couldn't finish the install. Had to re-start in internet restore mode and then restore 1013.2 from a Time Machine backup..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.