Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming tvOS 11.2.5 update to its public beta testing group, one week seeding the first public beta and one day after providing the beta to developers. The second tvOS 11.2.5 public beta comes just a week after the release of tvOS 11.2.1, an update that fixed a HomeKit vulnerability.

The tvOS 11.2.5 public beta can be obtained by going to the Settings app on the Apple TV and navigating to the Software Updates section under "System." "Get Public Beta Updates" will need to be toggled on, and once it is, the Apple TV will download the beta software.

appletv4k-800x630.jpg

It's not yet clear what features and changes might be included in the tvOS 11.2.5 update as no outward-facing changes were discovered in the first two developer betas.

It's likely the update features security improvements and fixes for bugs that have been discovered since the release of tvOS 11.2 and tvOS 11.2.1.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of tvOS 11.2.5 to Public Beta Testers

peelage

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2014
Minneapolis
Just here to be the lone commenter...

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming tvOS 11.2.5 update to its public beta testing group, one week seeding the first public beta and one day after providing the beta to developers. The second tvOS 11.2.5 public beta comes just a week after the release of tvOS 11.2.1, an update that fixed a HomeKit vulnerability.

The tvOS 11.2.5 public beta can be obtained by going to the Settings app on the Apple TV and navigating to the Software Updates section under "System." "Get Public Beta Updates" will need to be toggled on, and once it is, the Apple TV will download the beta software.

appletv4k-800x630.jpg

It's not yet clear what features and changes might be included in the tvOS 11.2.5 update as no outward-facing changes were discovered in the first two developer betas.

It's likely the update features security improvements and fixes for bugs that have been discovered since the release of tvOS 11.2 and tvOS 11.2.1.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of tvOS 11.2.5 to Public Beta Testers

Reactions: Braderunner

Braderunner

Suspended
Oct 2, 2015
Tralfamadore
The  TV fiiiiiinally quit asking me to subscribe to  Music every time I turn it on. I’m already a subscriber.
I think it may have stopped after the last beta update. :rolleyes: Wow, was that annoying. I even tried to subscribe again when it asked, and got an error saying I was already subscribed. The TV is a mess. :eek: :mad:

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Apple TV Boss (reading over promises list)

Hey guys, how is that Dolby Atmos update coming?

Apple TV Developers - What's a Dolby Atmos, Boss?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.