Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fourth beta of an upcoming tvOS 12.1 update to developers for testing purposes, one week after seeding the third update and a month after releasing the tvOS 12 update.

Designed for the fourth and fifth-generation Apple TV models, the new tvOS 12.1 beta can be downloaded onto the Apple TV via a profile that's installed using Xcode. Subsequent betas can be downloaded over-the-air.

appletv4k2.jpg

We're not yet sure what fixes and changes the tvOS 12.1 update might bring, but it's likely to focus on bugs that have been discovered since the release of tvOS 12. No new features were discovered in the first three tvOS 12.1 betas.

Apple's tvOS updates have historically been minor in scale, and Apple does not often provide us with detailed notes outlining what's new, but we'll update this post should any changes be found in the fourth beta.

Update: Apple has also seeded a new public beta of tvOS 12.1 to its public beta testing group.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of tvOS 12.1 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

CostaMoses

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2014
Has anyone heard any updates re: no sign on? That is the main feature I am looking forward to.

CostaMoses

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2014
That is dependent on pay tv companies adopting it. It’s really up to them to auto authenticate apps
Yeah, I remember them saying charter spectrum (what I use) is already signed on. Just wondering if there was a date. I couldn't find anything via a google search.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.