Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

After wrapping up its keynote presentation on the iPhone 7 and Apple Watch Series 2 earlier today, Apple this afternoon posted a full video of the event on its website, so that anyone who missed the keynote can catch up on their own time. As usual, Apple is expected to upload the video to YouTube and iTunes at some point later in the day.

Alongside the keynote, Apple also shared a few feature-specific videos that debuted during the keynote today. The short videos showcase the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, AirPods, Apple Watch Series 2, and even include a 2-minute recap of everything the company revealed during its September event.

- Apple - Introducing iPhone 7
- Apple - Introducing AirPods
- Apple Watch - Introducing Series 2
- Apple - Don't Blink

In addition to the videos posted online, you can catch up with all of the news surrounding the iPhone 7 event by checking out our list of keynote highlights below, which encompass all of MacRumors' event coverage shared today. Included are detailed articles on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch Series 2, feature spotlight and launch dates for iOS, macOS, and watchOS, and more current posts that'll be updated throughout the day.

iPhone 7 News

- Apple Unveils iPhone 7 With Water Resistance, A10 Fusion, New 'Jet Black' Color, Updated Cameras, No Headphone Jack, and More
- Apple Says New 'Jet Black' Color May Show 'Fine Micro-Abrasions' With Use
- Apple Releases iPhone 7 and iPad Cases in New Colors
- iPhone 7 Hands-On: Improved Cameras, New Jet Black Color, AirPods, No Headphone Jack, and More
- Apple Adds New $29 Screen Repair Option to AppleCare+ for iPhone, Increases Service Fee to $99
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are IP67 Water Resistant, But Water Damage Isn't Covered Under Warranty
- Removal of iPhone 7 Headphone Jack Was Essential for Water Resistance, New Camera System
- Apple Boosts Prices on iPhones and Other Products in Europe
- T-Mobile Offering Free 32GB iPhone 7 During Pre-Order With Trade-In

Apple Watch News

- Apple Announces Swimproof 'Apple Watch Series 2' With Built-In GPS and New Ceramic Edition
- Apple and Nike Debut Apple Watch Nike+ Edition
- Apple Discontinues Gold Apple Watch Edition Models
- Apple Shares Five New Videos Promoting Healthy Lifestyle Choices
- Apple Watch Series 2 Continues to Offer Same Battery Life as Original Apple Watch
- Apple Introduces New Collections for Both Apple Watch Series 1 and Series 2
- Apple Watch Series 2 is Fine for Swimming, but Scuba Diving and Waterskiing Not Recommended
- New Colors Launch for Apple Watch Sport Band, Woven Nylon, and Classic Buckle

OS News

- iOS 10 and watchOS 3 Coming September 13, macOS Sierra Coming September 20
- Apple Seeds iOS 10 Golden Master Ahead of September 13 Public Launch
- Apple Releases macOS Sierra Golden Master to Developers
- Apple Seeds watchOS 3 Golden Master to Developers
- Apple Seeds tvOS 10 Golden Master to Developers

General News

- Live Coverage of Apple's 'See You on the 7th' iPhone 7 Event
- Apple Reveals All-New 'Super Mario Run' Game Coming to iOS
- Apple Debuts 'Everyone Can Code' Program to Teach Kids Swift
- 'Pokémon GO' Officially Coming to Apple Watch With New App
- Apple Debuts Wireless 'AirPods' With 5 Hours of Music Playback
- New Beats Headphones Taking Advantage of Apple W1 Wireless Audio Chip Announced
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 2 Updated With Improved Storage, iPad Pro Price Reduced
- Apple to Sell Standalone Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter for $9, Lightning EarPods for $29
- Apple SIM Partners With SoftBank in Japan, Expands to Three More Countries
- Everything Apple Announced at Today's iPhone 7 Event in Under Five Minutes
- Apple Pay Coming to New Zealand, Russia and Japan This Fall
- Beats Releases $130 Wired 'EP' Headphones With 3.5mm Plug

Update 9/8/16: Apple has uploaded the full keynote presentation onto iTunes in HD and 1080p.

Article Link: Apple Shares Full Video of Today's iPhone 7 and Apple Watch Series 2 Event [Update: iTunes Version Available]

jdillings

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2015
I'll do even better than the 2 minute recap. Repeat the following 10 times: "It's our best [insert feature] ever and it's amazing."

Reactions: Ghost31

Suspended
Jun 23, 2016
New York and Berlin
Even if they improved the process since the iPhone 5, that piano black iPhone will look like it lost a fight in a bus full of drag queens on their way to a wig sale. Recommending a case is rather ironic as Ive passionately hates cases; if you have a case on your iPhone and he's within 50 yards you better run.

Last edited:

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
I don't hate any of it. Wondering about battery life on the watch and just don't like the really cool camera upgrades are on the 7. The plus is just too big for me and one handed usage.

Reactions: winston1236

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
And all the months here of sobbing and shrieking and breathing into paper bags to calm down comes to nothing... the releases were good ones after all!

Imagine that.

(As for my interest in Carpool Karaoke... <0. Leave the lame humor to Microsoft and Samsung.)

Last edited:

panleya

Suspended
Sep 7, 2016
Apple has official jumped the shark. First off, its always been stupid to have a music act at the end of product announcements. They've been terrible and detract from the product (only exception would be announcement of Apple Music). This time took the cake though as we were introduced to Lady Gag-Ga and Cousin It's love child. Really Apple? That's what you want attached to your brand?

Underwhelming product updates, no macbook pro update, and an idiot wearing a giant bow in their head.

Luther Mac

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2015
I got just 2 questions:

Will there be a iPhone 7 mini? (to replace the SE)

Will the new Beats headphones and/or AirPods work via AirPlay?

That's all I care about. Being that the iPhone 7 & iWatch 2 have both finally addressed the water resistance issues.

Reactions: Textime

pcmacgamer

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2013
Courageous keynote! Few hours for minuscule updates to watch and iPhone. Also new wireless earphones that Apple reinvented the wheel to make. 79.50 per ear! Total steal!

Wait for gen 2 and get a one hour improvement in battery life and find my earpod feature built in.

Most courageous of all was to leave your computer product lines without an update for over a year.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Apple has official jumped the shark. First off, its always been stupid to have a music act at the end of product announcements. They've been terrible and detract from the product (only exception would be announcement of Apple Music). This time took the cake though as we were introduced to Lady Gag-Ga and Cousin It's love child. Really Apple? That's what you want attached to your brand?

Underwhelming product updates, no macbook pro update, and an idiot wearing a giant bow in their head.

Anybody who knew their backside from their elbow could have told you that there weren't going to be any Mac updates in this keynote.

You're getting upset about something that was confirmed not to happen. Just wait a couple of months.

robeddie

Suspended
Jul 21, 2003
Atlanta
And all the months here of sobbing and shrieking and breathing into paper bags to calm down comes nothing... the releases were good ones after all!

Imagine that.

(As for my interest in Carpool Karaoke... <0. Leave the lame humor to Microsoft and Samsung.)

I guess these releases were good, if you care about the ... sissy ... I'm mean 'Apple' ... watch, or an iphone that doesn't have an embarrassingly low base storage.

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
Also, I see the fusion chip has better battery but didn't see where it said (if it said) an estimated time on how much longer it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.