Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
hey guys I was at the Apple Store yesterday and they had great panoramas and Live Photos on their iPhone 6s' that were on display, is there anywhere I can download these panoramas and Live Photos Apple has on these demo iPhone 6's? I have an IPhone 6s as well that I just got yesterday excellent device

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Not sure which nyc image you're taking about, and thanks I did the airdrop thing worked great, cool slo-mo video

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Can you upload them for me so I can download them too? Maybe dropbox? Thanks!

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I hope Apple includes more live photos and dynamic wallpapers in the future. I mean really—all we get are six fish tails and some polluted water? And some floating circles for dynamic with no updates in two years? Apple puts so much time into making these features and then hangs them out to dry with no variety. I'm not really a fan of these or the new iOS 9 wallpapers. They even left out the best one—the wave! At least we can change the wallpapers. Using our own live photos doesn't have the same smooth frame rate, but at least we can do it. Hopefully we get more of the fancier live wallpapers in future updates. Some locations around the world would be great, similar to the Apple Watch. Or the ones like the jellyfish. I mean they've already done the work to record those! I'm certain they recorded the original footage in 4K or higher. They also recorded some new ones for the Apple TV 4. They should port them to the iPhone in 9.1.

MoreHoney

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2015
I hope Apple includes more live photos and dynamic wallpapers in the future. I mean really—all we get are six fish tails and some polluted water? And some floating circles for dynamic with no updates in two years? Apple puts so much time into making these features and then hangs them out to dry with no variety. I'm not really a fan of these or the new iOS 9 wallpapers. They even left out the best one—the wave! At least we can change the wallpapers. Using our own live photos doesn't have the same smooth frame rate, but at least we can do it. Hopefully we get more of the fancier live wallpapers in future updates. Some locations around the world would be great, similar to the Apple Watch. Or the ones like the jellyfish. I mean they've already done the work to record those! I'm certain they recorded the original footage in 4K or higher. They also recorded some new ones for the Apple TV 4. They should port them to the iPhone in 9.1.

You have a device that takes Live Photos, why not make your own wallpapers? I have mine set to one of the many awesome shots I got of my grandson playing and smiling. I think I activate it 300 times a day.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
You have a device that takes Live Photos, why not make your own wallpapers? I have mine set to one of the many awesome shots I got of my grandson playing and smiling. I think I activate it 300 times a day.
For the exact reason I said? The Apple made ones are a higher frame rate (at least 30 vs 12) so they look more fluid and natural. They're also shot with professional video equipment and lighting. Furthermore they've already done all the work for their other devices, so why not just port it to the iPhone? It's not a lot to ask for. Just crop it for this resolution and stick it in the next update. Or offer it as a download. I'd also like an option to have it automatically play when the lock screen is viewed—much like on the Apple Watch.

Reactions: thirdeyeopen666

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
LMAO.......fish tails and polluted water.....perfect!

Reactions: macduke
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.