Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has announced that its relocated St. Johns Town Center store in Jacksonville, Florida opens Saturday, March 11 at 10:00 a.m. local time. The next-generation store will be located at 4835 River City Drive, just down the street from its current store at 4712 River City Drive in the open-air shopping complex.

apple-st-johns-town-center.jpg
Apple's existing St. Johns Town Center store opened in March 2005

Apple's new 9,100-square-foot store is situated between Tesla and Tory Burch stores near the southeast end of the Town Center. The space, which was vacated by Forever 21 last year, is over twice as large as its current store, which opened in March 2005. The older location will likely close by Saturday.

Elsewhere, Apple plans to double the size of its Woodland Mall store in Grand Rapids, Michigan to 8,000 square feet, according to MLive. And in China, a store with a beautiful staircase is set to open at Jinmao Place in Nanjing in the near future. Apple has yet to announce an official grand opening date.

(Thanks, Larry!)

Article Link: Apple's New Jacksonville Store Opens March 11 as Grand Rapids Location Set to Expand

Last edited:

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
We need one over here in Destin, FL. It is a four to six hour drive ( at 70mph ) to get to the nearest Apple Store.
5.5 hours to Atlanta, 6 hours to Jacksonville, 4.5 hours to New Orleans.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
We need one over here in Destin, FL. It is a four to six hour drive ( at 70mph ) to get to the nearest Apple Store.

Tim Cook is from down here. (He and my husband went to the same high school.) I don't understand why the gulf coast still has no Apple store.

Reactions: 960design

alvesik

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2016
I'm a Georgian and you just blew my mind with the news that destin is only 4.5 from New Orleans...dang!

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
I'm a Georgian and you just blew my mind with the news that destin is only 4.5 from New Orleans...dang!

You're practically a yankee. ;) Mobile is halfway between Destin and New Orleans. People laugh when I tell them the closest Apple store is 2 hours and 3 states away.

Fortunately, my mother lives in Jacksonville, so I'm there often. Can't wait to see the new store next month!

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
3.5 hrs when my girlfriend drives!
We run the name your own price lottery at Priceline four star hotels just about every week and get a 'Winner' about once every other month. Head on over to New Orleans for the weekend, for the food, music... sorry... absolutely nothing to do with this thread... please forgive the interruption.

mcclint

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2004
R111 (St Johns Town Center) was too small when they built it 12 years ago. I'm glad to see they are finally moving to a larger space. That still doesn't preclude the fact that the North East Florida region still needs more than a single store.

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida

Lol, sorry... trying to imagine a company idiotic enough to spend MILLIONS to put a store in your little podunk town (population 12k?) because you "need" it.

Spoiler: I literally couldn't.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
But you live at the most beautiful beach in the world!! Trade ya (Ponte Vedra Beach)
Tim Cook is from down here. (He and my husband went to the same high school.) I don't understand why the gulf coast still has no Apple store.
There is this AMAZING place, right on the water in FWB that would love a nice large Apple Store.
Lol, sorry... trying to imagine a company idiotic enough to spend MILLIONS to put a store in your little podunk town (population 12k?) because you "need" it.

Spoiler: I literally couldn't.
Haha!! No worries... do we really have 12k actually owning houses here? Wow!

Our population swells to a little over 300k, rotating weekly during spring break and summer... not even sure what the total count would be for a full summer of visitors that might need Apple flavored assistance.

We like podunk... they have the best oysters!
bigphotofordestin.jpg

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
There is this AMAZING place, right on the water in FWB that would love a nice large Apple Store.

Haha!! No worries... do we really have 12k actually owning houses here? Wow!

Our population swells to a little over 300k, rotating weekly during spring break and summer... not even sure what the total count would be for a full summer of visitors that might need Apple flavored assistance.

We like podunk... they have the best oysters!
bigphotofordestin.jpg

I feel ya!
Over in Ocala myself... actually gonna make the 2 hour drive to attend my 1st Apple Store opening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.