Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

To celebrate The Big Draw Festival, a monthlong worldwide celebration of drawing held every October, eight Apple Stores are hosting special Today at Apple sessions related to the festival throughout the month.

the-big-draw.jpg

A total of 108 sessions will be hosted by the end of the month at Apple Regent Street in London, Apple Piazza Liberty in Milan, Apple Dubai Mall in Dubai, Apple Michigan Avenue in Chicago, Apple SoHo and Apple Williamsburg in New York, Apple Orchard Road in Singapore, and Apple Union Square in San Francisco.

Apple CEO Tim Cook today tweeted about a session hosted by artist Marcy Smith, who helped customers learn how to draw and sketch with the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil at the Union Square store on Wednesday evening.

The sessions, which include Live Art and Sketch Walks, are free to attend as space permits. There are still plenty of sessions remaining through the second half of October, and those interested can browse and sign up for sessions on the Today at Apple page. Most sessions are scheduled to run 90 minutes.

Article Link: Tim Cook Highlights 'The Big Draw' Sketching Sessions Taking Place at Apple Stores This Month

Last edited:

supremedesigner

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2005
No October Mac event but they announce this so prominently?! It's like they are mocking us.

Seems like it to me that they're "mocking" at us. I don't care about that drawing "events"... and I am still waiting for October Mac event.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
There will very likely be an event. I predict Tuesday, October 23 invites for Tuesday, October 30 event.

I don't think it is gonna happen. I predict all these new hardware stuff will be announced on March 2019. Good time to launch the newly redesigned iPad and call it iPad X. (10'th anniversary). If they had a keynote scheduled for October we really would have had some build up rumours by now.

Baymowe335

Suspended
Oct 6, 2017
I also used to think that Apple can multitask - but not so the last few years; look at their Mac lineup!
You seen the data? iPhone/iPad are the future of computing. Sorry.

They still make Macs but they are going to update them when it makes sense. Apple has data that drives their decisions and it's working pretty well, agree?

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
You would think so, but apparently not. Last 1,462 days:
  • iPhone: iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max
  • Mac mini:
And what’s the customer base for iPhone vs Mac mini?

largefarrva

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2012
Must be a slow news day if this is making headlines.

psssst....Tim...nobody cares.

Let's see an announcement for the supposed October event already...THAT will create some excitement, one would think.

WatchFromAfar

Suspended
Jan 26, 2017
Seems like it to me that they're "mocking" at us. I don't care about that drawing "events"... and I am still waiting for October Mac event.
I've got to ask why? Just put the products up for sale. What is it about sycophantic whoops and hollers from Apple employees that make people feel better about the products?

Baymowe335

Suspended
Oct 6, 2017
You would think so, but apparently not. Last 1,462 days:
  • iPhone: iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max
  • Mac mini:
Again, look at the sales. Why do you think that's happening?

Apple sells almost $150B in iPhones annually. Mac Mini is simply not worth the resources to update nearly as often. This is not a difficult concept.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA

Apple sells almost $150B in iPhones annually. Mac Mini is simply not worth the resources to update nearly as often. This is not a difficult concept.
Apple should be capable of maintaining both product categories, as long as customers are still interested in the Mac mini even as a comparatively niche product.

Naraxus

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2016

You're right. It isn't. Tim couldn't give two sh*t cents about the Mac line so long as he can push the narrative that iPads are a computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.