Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has posted a series of job listings for a future retail store in Bangkok, Thailand, as spotted by local publication The Nation.

brussels_hero.jpg
Apple retail store in Brussels, Belgium

The company is looking to fill the usual Creative, Expert, Genius, Manager, Store Leader, and Business Leader positions, among others, and applications for the two-year Apple Store Leader Program are also open.

The location will be Apple's first retail store in Thailand, and its second in Southeast Asia, following its Singapore location that opened in May.

In July, the Bangkok Post reported that the store will open in 2018 at the Iconsiam, a future mixed-use development with two shopping malls in Bangkok. The flagship location is said to have over 20,000 square feet of space.

Apple continues to hire for retail stores in Vienna and Seoul as well, which will be the first in Austria and South Korea respectively.

In related news, Apple has announced that its Woodfield store in Schaumburg, Illinois will be relocating to a new unit in the shopping mall on September 30. The current store, opened in August 2001, is Apple's fifth oldest, and one of just four to still have a classic black storefront with two Apple logos.

apple-woodfield.jpg

(Thanks, Storetellee!)

Article Link: Apple to Open Retail Store in Bangkok as Confirmed by Job Listings

Last edited:
Reactions: Mizhou

itsamacthing

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2011
Bangkok
Had heard this rumor here last year. This is GREAT NEWS, finally some real Apple staff to support us here in Thailand.

RubberShoes

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
I grew up going to the Woodfield store and am weirdly nostalgic about them moving it. So many memories there from seeing this thing called the 'iPod' to jailbreaking the first iPhones to buying my first mac. Oh well, times change.

wesley96

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
The the first Austrian Apple Store will not be "near Vienna", but rather right smack in the center of town, on Kärntnerstrasse 11, just a few steps from St.Stephen's cathedral.

Google maps already shows the location:
https://www.google.at/maps/place/Ap...38b3d9d671f3f10!8m2!3d48.2070162!4d16.3717123
Same for Korea. It’s not “near” Seoul, either. It’s right in the middle of the popular boutique street Garosu-Gil, in Gangnam district, the financial center of Seoul. MacRumors is trying to be vague at their own peril.

Reactions: Mizhou

O.N.Y.X

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2016
Vienna
The the first Austrian Apple Store will not be "near Vienna", but rather right smack in the center of town, on Kärntnerstrasse 11, just a few steps from St.Stephen's cathedral.

Google maps already shows the location:
https://www.google.at/maps/place/Ap...38b3d9d671f3f10!8m2!3d48.2070162!4d16.3717123

FINALLY!! 1st actual Apple Store to open in Austria. Austria hasn't been on Mr. Cook's priority list, it seems. Although there are plenty of Shops and certified retailers here, their service can't compete with a "full featured" Store.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
Queue Murray Head song in 3... 2...

One night in applestoreBangkok and the world's your oyster.

When I was in Thailand last year I would say this in a partying spirit and the other westerners wouldn't understand and I'd have to play the song. Then when in any other place I'd change it accordingly "one night in Chiang Mai and the world's your oyster" ha. Fun place.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
First Singapore, then Thailand. It's about time Apple pays attention to the SE Asia region.
True. But they're not being too neglected when you consider there are some populous cities in the US where they don't have an Apple Store yet, and likely never will.

mcfrazieriv

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012

Comparing those two stores: one looks classic, the other looks modern but messy. The black contrasted with the white logo that felt very much like Apple. Bold, sophisticated, classic. The new one in belgium is not one of their best new ones and I hate the fact that this blog always uses it to demonstrate the new store design. The arches are uneven, the glass bends at corners like a blob of soap and there's so much nonsensical headroom with such low artwork that you feel like you're in one of those ominous banks built in the 1970s that felt rich and powerful.

itsamacthing

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2011
Bangkok
If I wasn't busy, I would go apply to run the store for them since most people in Asia
OMG, Finally! I have been hoping that they would open a store in Bangkok... about time!
Will be nice to actually deal with Apple staff vs. iStudio ... CANNOT ... NOHAVE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.