Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced that it has signed a multi-year agreement with award-winning actress and producer Julia Louis-Dreyfus, who will develop new projects exclusively for Apple TV+ as both an executive producer and actress.

dreyfus.jpg

Louis-Dreyfus has broken records with multiple Emmys, Golden Globes, Screen Actors Guild, and Critics Choice Awards for her work as an actress and producer, and is a recipient of the prestigious Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. This marks her first-ever overall deal with a streaming service, according to Apple.

"I am thrilled about this new partnership with my friends at Apple," said Louis-Dreyfus. "Also, many thanks and kudos to my representatives for structuring the deal in such a way that I am paid in AirPods."

Louis-Dreyfus is best known for her long-running roles as Elaine Benes on the popular NBC sitcom "Seinfeld" and Selina Meyer on HBO's political satire comedy series "Veep." She has also appeared on NBC's "Saturday Night Live."

Apple's streaming TV service launched in November for $4.99 per month.

Article Link: Apple TV+ Reaches Multi-Year Agreement With 'Veep' and 'Seinfeld' Star Julia Louis-Dreyfus

Last edited:

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
Apple is KILLING it! SO awesome! I can guarantee now that Apple will announce a TON on Sunday - they are making a ton of moves in the run-up to Sunday, and will use these as the appetizer to the rest. I love how they are utilizing the Critics Week to get announcements made.

Now, if they could take over the Dark Tower series that Amazon passed on, that would be too good.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Veep was always very good, and sometimes fantastic - and wow, did they stick the landing on the series finale (so many shows miss by a mile), that epilog was absolutely pitch perfect.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ErikGrim and Ar40

az431

Suspended
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR
More proof that Cook & Co. are Bored with Electronics & Software !

Stock has doubled in a year and is up 600% since Cook took over. What's your point?
[automerge]1579291512[/automerge]
She's an actor, not an actress, you unwoke gammon :D

Actor refers to either male or female, and actress to female. It is acceptable to refer to a female artist as an actor or an actress. Crack open a dictionary every once in a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.