Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Apple Vision Pro has received its first discount today at Woot, now available for $3,299.00, down from $3,499.00. The headset is in new condition and it comes with a one year Apple manufacturer limited warranty.

Apple-Vision-Pro-Dual-Loop-Band-Teal-Feature-2.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Woot. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This model comes with a 21W light seal, small solo knit band, and small dual loop band. You can use Apple's website to determine if this size is right for you, but if it doesn't match your sizing recommendation you won't be able to take advantage of this discount.

Despite the murkiness with the sizes, Woot's discount today is notable as the very first sale we've ever seen from any major retailer for the Apple Vision Pro, which launched back in February. Woot says that this sale will last until it sells out, and there's an estimated delivery date between April 8 and April 10.

Our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains.

Updated: Woot has further discounted the Apple Vision Pro, and provided more details about sizing on the headset.

Article Link: Apple Vision Pro Gets First Discount at Woot ($200 Off) [Updated]

Last edited:

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2015
I guess this is what heavily in demand looks like
So many Apple devices across numerous retailers are being put on perma sale.

In the past youd not see discounts for a short while… as there was demand and a sale just wasn't necessary at all. And if it was, it would be minimal discount to lure customers from other retailers.

But now they arnt trying to lure customers from other retailrs, but basically trying to lire out customers full stop 😂

Mr_Ed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2004
North and east of Mickeyland
I guess this is what heavily in demand looks like
Was in an Apple Store in central Florida two weekends ago. Store was crowded with people (not Apple employees) all over the place and browsing at every table, except the AVP table. No interest at all. I know demos are by appointment but no one was even mildly curious enough to even stop at the table and look at the device up close.

Mr_Ed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2004
North and east of Mickeyland
I initially suspected the same, but they are marked as "New" so shouldn't be refurbs or returns (if Woot is being truthful about condition).
I hear you, but that’s not a good look either. If Apple is indeed supplying brand new units to Woot, effectively bypassing the fitting process, something is not right.

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
This is a concerning sale. As it means there is some softness to the demand already.

Woot is where Amazon usually offloads its excess stock. Having excess stock of the VP is definitely concerning at this stage. You never see other Apple products hitting this stage this soon in their lifecycle.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
This is a concerning sale. As it means there is some softness to the demand already.

Woot is where Amazon usually offloads its excess stock. Having excess stock of the VP is definitely concerning at this stage. You never see other Apple products hitting this stage this soon in their lifecycle.
Agree.
And this is even before it has been released outside of the USA.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2012
I'm honestly a bit stunned at how quickly the hype for this thing died...
I ve been following VR gaming for years. They are soooo niche that never understood why Apple kept investing and developing their own VR in a more holistic way not just gaming. Most of my friends are trying to found ways to reduce their digital time spent. I wouldn’t buy that thing even if it would cost less than 1K.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
I ve been following VR gaming for years. They are soooo niche that never understood why Apple kept investing and developing their own VR in a more holistic way not just gaming. Most of my friends are trying to found ways to reduce their digital time spent. I wouldn’t buy that thing even if it would cost less than 1K.
Agreed. I'm also trying to step AWAY from technology when I can, not become even more immersed in it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.