Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 7, 2014
The Apple Store
Biggest improvement for me is battery life. In the article it says that it was bumped from 2.5-3 hours of app usage to now 5 hours!

JCT1212

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Them saying the 38mm is tiny further worries me. I really want to preorder the watch but I don't want it to be unusable if I get the 38. I hope reviews between Monday and release date say the 38mm is large enough!

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas
Battery life will vary with how and how much you use it but I'm not the least bit concerned. I rather have an Apple Watch with "OK" battery life than not have an Apple Watch (or crippled one) at all.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Them saying the 38mm is tiny further worries me. I really want to preorder the watch but I don't want it to be unusable if I get the 38. I hope reviews between Monday and release date say the 38mm is large enough!

Get both and return what you don't like.

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 7, 2014
The Apple Store

iMore also has an article showing somewhat of a real world comparison of the 2 sizes, if you want to check that out:

http://www.imore.com/apple-watch-sizes-should-you-get-38mm-or-42mm

Also, have you ever worn a Pebble or Pebble Steel?

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas

The 38mm one is about 10% smaller than the 42mm one - but considering it is for smaller people, with shorter arms, it will be 10% closer to their face - in which case, it won't seem smaller at all. :p In fact, it may be even closer than that, in which case it will seem bigger for them. It's like - the size of the TV tells you nothing until you consider how close you will be sitting.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
I definitely have thought about that, but it would be quite a problem if they wouldn't take it :) Also, I know they always take stuff back but it still feels risky

Why wouldn't they? If they accept returned Macs from who knows what kind of environments they will take a Watch back lol.

Mascots

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
Battery life will vary with how and how much you use it but I'm not the least bit concerned. I rather have an Apple Watch with "OK" battery life than not have an Apple Watch (or crippled one) at all.

I concur.

I would like for it to last a solid day, maybe even reach to a day and a half of usage before needing to be charged, but have no qualms about charging it every night.

xanadeath

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
California
Battery life is sounding better than originally expected.. at least based on older rumors. At the very least, it sounds like there should be no anxiety regarding battery life throughout only one day, which is good.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Let's say worst case and most unlikely scenario: you interact with your Watch for 30 seconds each time, so with the stated 5 hours of life, you could get potentially 600 interactions which should be plenty!

Again, this is worst case scenario and Apple is recommending 10 second interactions to devs for app designs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.