Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While the Apple Watch Series 3 officially launches September 22 in the first wave of countries, those interested in Nike+ models will have to wait a bit longer.

In fine print, Apple announced that new Series 3 models of Apple Watch Nike+ will be available in limited quantities starting Thursday, October 5. Apple Watch Nike+ pre-orders still start September 15 like regular Series 3 models.

apple-watch-nike-series-3.jpg

Apple Watch Nike+ comes with all the features of Apple Watch Series 3, including cellular, which lets you take calls, send messages, and soon stream Apple Music without needing to pair the watch to your iPhone.

Apple Watch Nike+ models have exclusive Nike watch faces designed specifically for Apple Watch, with digital and analog styles. You can launch the Nike+ Run Club app directly from the face by tapping the complication.
With just a tap, you can start an in-ear Audio Guided Run featuring the voice of a Nike+ Run Club coach, world-class athlete, or special guest. Each guided run features coach-curated soundtracks to keep you in the zone.
Apple Watch Nike+ comes in four styles in both 38mm and 42mm sizes, with both cellular and Wi-Fi + GPS only models to choose from:
[*]Silver Aluminum Case with Pure Platinum/Black Nike Sport Band
Silver Aluminum Case with Bright Crimson/Black Nike Sport Loop
Space Gray Aluminum Case with Anthracite/Black Nike Sport Band
Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black/Pure Platinum Nike Sport Loop
Apple Watch Nike+ models are priced between $329 and $429 in the United States. Additional Nike+ bands are $49 each.

Launch countries include the United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Macau, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom.

Article Link: Apple Watch Series 3's Nike+ Models Have Slightly Later October 5 Launch Date

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
At least with this model, you have the option of having Series 3 capabalities without LTE,
Which some don't prefer.

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
This is the model I want, the ultimate running mate. Keep the SS Black Series 0 for fancy occasions :)

nickosbad

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2009
This Sucks! I'm in the US but leave on 23rd and was really hoping to pick up one of these and save £70 compared to back here in the UK!

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I wish we could order the Space Gray case with the 'Pure Platinum/Black' band. Also, I only decided to get a series 3 watch after hearing the iPhone X would be delayed. Now to find out the Nike version on the S3 watch is also delayed, is a bit disappointing. Oh well. #FirstWorldProblems.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
I’m intrigued by the cellular version considering they’re not charging too much extra for it. But only one network supporting it at launch here in the UK.

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
I have the Series 2 Nike+, only because they didn’t sell the bands separately at launch.

I’ll be ordering a Series 3 Sport, as I already have like 5 Nike+ bands - and those were the only reason I went with the Nike+ model. Oh yeah, and I don’t want to wait until October for my Watch. :p

mark081990

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2011
I will wait for the Nike edition. No idea why, they seem identical. The new bands are very weak. A total gimmick. I can see the rash on my wrist now after the sweat just piles up during a workout

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
So does that also include Nike Watch Series 3 without LTE?
I believe so. Here is the quote from the official press release:
  • Apple Watch Nike+ will be available to order on apple.com beginning Friday, September 15, with limited availability on Thursday, October 5 in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Macau, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, the UK and the US. For more information, visit apple.com/apple-watch-nike or nike.com/applewatch.
[doublepost=1505339720][/doublepost]
I have the Series 2 Nike+, only because they didn’t sell the bands separately at launch.

I’ll be ordering a Series 3 Sport, as I already have like 5 Nike+ bands - and those were the only reason I went with the Nike+ model. Oh yeah, and I don’t want to wait until October for my Watch. :p
I think I'm going to do the same. I really just want the Nike band, which I can purchase separately, and I'll also get on the 22nd instead of Oct 5th.

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
I’m intrigued by the cellular version considering they’re not charging too much extra for it. But only one network supporting it at launch here in the UK.

Am surprised o2 weren't onboard given they had exclusive rights to sell iPhone when it first launched.

One thing I've noticed with EE is the fact UTMS isn't supported on Series 3 LTE.

kstotlani

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2006
I believe so. Here is the quote from the official press release:
  • Apple Watch Nike+ will be available to order on apple.com beginning Friday, September 15, with limited availability on Thursday, October 5 in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Macau, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, the UK and the US. For more information, visit apple.com/apple-watch-nike or nike.com/applewatch.
[doublepost=1505339720][/doublepost]
I think I'm going to do the same. I really just want the Nike band, which I can purchase separately, and I'll also get on the 22nd instead of Oct 5th.

Do you care about the nike app. I am asking because I want to get the Nike version and the two differences I know are the bands and the app. Anything else I need to know? Appreciate your help.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Am surprised o2 weren't onboard given they had exclusive rights to sell iPhone when it first launched.

One thing I've noticed with EE is the fact UTMS isn't supported on Series 3 LTE.

I just hate EE in general. They’re ripping people off massively because of their preaching about being the best network in the UK. I pay next to nothing for a whole load of data on iD and my service is absolutely fine. EE would charge more double plus more for my same deal, and they’d raise the price every year like they did when I was with them.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Do you care about the nike app. I am asking because I want to get the Nike version and the two differences I know are the bands and the app. Anything else I need to know? Appreciate your help.
No I don't care for the Nike app, just the band. The Apple workout app suit my needs. I wouldn't even consider the Nike version if it was more expensive, but since it isn't, I might as will.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
At least with this model, you have the option of having Series 3 capabalities without LTE,
Which some don't prefer.

Except Roaming is NOT supported!!

This Sucks! I'm in the US but leave on 23rd and was really hoping to pick up one of these and save £70 compared to back here in the UK!

Would be a waste of money for you.
The imbedded digital SIM would be set for USA carriers only at specific participating carriers - it's in their HRL databases and not provisioned for VLR (Visitor Location Roaming) base stations. You'd have JUST a watch with GPS+WiFi at the price with cellular.

Did O2 support iPad with imbedded Nano-SIM? If not there is your answer.

EE - bands differ?

mhedstrom

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2017
Denver, CO
Isn't the Nike app on this watch the same as the Nike app you can download for the standard version of the watch? I can't figure out what's different about this then aside from the band.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Isn't the Nike app on this watch the same as the Nike app you can download for the standard version of the watch? I can't figure out what's different about this then aside from the band.

The custom watch face featured is the only other difference.

democracyrules

Suspended
Nov 18, 2016
The custom watch face featured is the only other difference.
Nike custom faces are the best sporty faces which are not available in other Apple watches. They are unique and modern, which the reason I selected Nike Watch over other type. Not into fashion things or into changing the bands based on clothing colors or events, so no points getting Hermès or edition one.
Besides the black platinum sport loop is superb.
Nike Apple Watch is the best sport smart Watch in the smartwatch market. Kudos to Apple and Nike.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.