Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Best Buy kicked off a new Apple Watch sale this weekend, and in it you can get the 41mm GPS Apple Watch Series 9 for the all-time low price of $299.00 in all aluminum colors, down from $399.00. According to Best Buy's website, these deals will only last for the remainder of today, so if you've been waiting for great Apple Watch deals, now is the time to buy.

series-9-blue.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

You can also get the 45mm GPS Apple Watch Series 9 for $329.00, down from $429.00, which is another record low price. Best Buy has every aluminum model of the GPS Apple Watch Series 9 on sale, so you can get the Starlight, Pink, Midnight, Silver, and PRODUCT(RED) colors on sale at these record low prices. This also includes both S/M and M/L band sizes.

Best Buy also has cellular models of the Apple Watch Series 9 at best-ever prices. You can get the 41mm Cellular model for $399.00 and the 45mm Cellular model for $429.00, both of which are $100 markdowns and available in all aluminum colors.

As of last month, a sales ban was reenacted in the United States on any Apple Watch model sold by Apple that has blood oxygen sensing. While Apple Watch Series 9 and Apple Watch Ultra 2 models purchased directly from Apple currently come with blood oxygen sensing disabled, retailers like Best Buy are able to continue selling through their existing stocks that include the feature.

If you're on the hunt for more discounts, be sure to visit our Apple Deals roundup where we recap the best Apple-related bargains of the past week.

Update: These deals have expired, although Best Buy still has all Apple Watch Series 9 models at solid second-best prices.

Article Link: Apple Watch Series 9 Drops to Record Low $299 Price at Best Buy [Updated]

Last edited:
Reactions: Justin Cymbal

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Eventually, these retailers are going to run out of inventory and they're going to have to sell the updated models without the blood oxygen sensor. They're going to need to differentiate them.

• Wow
Reactions: kironin

kironin

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2004
Texas
Eventually, these retailers are going to run out of inventory and they're going to have to sell the updated models without the blood oxygen sensor. They're going to need to differentiate them.

I guess I've not been paying attention. I had to look that up. Removing a health feature instead of adding, how novel. Guess I'll continue waiting and won't be buying series 10.

JensenKA

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2023
Can’t decide if I want to wait it out for Series 10 or replace my Series 4 with a Series 9…hmm.

groove-agent

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2006
I'm bored with the Apple watch. It's fugly, and the watch faces are old and stale.

The TLDR:

Off topic, but recently I bought a Fossil Gen 6 smartwatch to try it. I really loved the aesthetic of the round face, but best of all, the Facer app allowed me endless and cool watch faces to choose from. It even had a web app to create your own watch faces! Yes, Facer works with Apple watch, but it's very limited. Mostly it has bitmap backgrounds with boring font text time display. Zzzzzzzz.

Unfortunately the Fossil's battery life barely lasted 6 hours even with the always on display feature turned off, and the raise to wake took almost 3 seconds before the screen turned on. I'm returning the Fossil, but the idea of is was fantastic.

I'd love a Samsung Galaxy Classic Watch, but it doesn't work with iPhone. So for giggles I started looking at Samsung Galaxy phones. I really like the pill much better than the notch as it's much less intrusive. Next I start looking at PCs. Wow, there are a lot of models to choose from, with touch screens ... see how this works?

Definitely the Apple watch is mostly function over form, which is ironic because watches are often cosmetic, and Apple used to be more form over function.

At the very least, Apple should create an Apple Watch Face store, or a devkit like Facer does.

cwerdna

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
SF Bay Area, California
I guess I've not been paying attention. I had to look that up. Removing a health feature instead of adding, how novel. Guess I'll continue waiting and won't be buying series 10.
Indeed. There is a very long backstory. See the below, for examples:

cwerdna

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
SF Bay Area, California
Seems like most/all the units that BB has in stock still have the blood oxygen feature.

I ended up ordering Apple Watch Series 9 (GPS) 41mm Silver Aluminum Case with Storm Blue Sport Band - S/M - Silver for pickup tomorrow. Was $299 + tax. This will be quite an upgrade from the Series 4 that I got used from Woot in mid-2021.
Can’t decide if I want to wait it out for Series 10 or replace my Series 4 with a Series 9…hmm.

https://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#other suggests that new Apples Watches come out Sept/Oct each year. Obviously, we have no idea what'll be in Series 10 but it will probably be awhile before they're discounted significantly. Obviously, Series 9 will hit end of watchOS updates much later than 4.

I do wonder if watchOS 10 is the end of the road for Series 4.

Reactions: Slix

SirOmega

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2006
Las Vegas
I do wonder if watchOS 10 is the end of the road for Series 4.
I have the same question. I am guessing yes but who knows. My S4 Apple Watch is down to 75% battery health and I have to charge it twice a day. Do I spend the $100 to replace the battery but have EOL here soon, or buy a whole new watch?

• Sad
Reactions: cwerdna

tridley68

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2014
Excited to see what Apple watch 10 or Apple watch ultra max will bring to the table might have to upgrade from my ultra 2.

cwerdna

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
SF Bay Area, California
I have the same question. I am guessing yes but who knows. My S4 Apple Watch is down to 75% battery health and I have to charge it twice a day. Do I spend the $100 to replace the battery but have EOL here soon, or buy a whole new watch?
$100 to replace the battery? Apparently, that's right per a quick check at https://support.apple.com/watch/repair. That's crazy.

The Series 4 I have (which I'll be selling soon) I bought used from Woot for $160 + tax and shipping = $181.34 back in mid-2021.

hagjohn

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'm bored with the Apple watch. It's fugly, and the watch faces are old and stale.

The TLDR:

Off topic, but recently I bought a Fossil Gen 6 smartwatch to try it. I really loved the aesthetic of the round face, but best of all, the Facer app allowed me endless and cool watch faces to choose from. It even had a web app to create your own watch faces! Yes, Facer works with Apple watch, but it's very limited. Mostly it has bitmap backgrounds with boring font text time display. Zzzzzzzz.

Unfortunately the Fossil's battery life barely lasted 6 hours even with the always on display feature turned off, and the raise to wake took almost 3 seconds before the screen turned on. I'm returning the Fossil, but the idea of is was fantastic.

I'd love a Samsung Galaxy Classic Watch, but it doesn't work with iPhone. So for giggles I started looking at Samsung Galaxy phones. I really like the pill much better than the notch as it's much less intrusive. Next I start looking at PCs. Wow, there are a lot of models to choose from, with touch screens ... see how this works?

Definitely the Apple watch is mostly function over form, which is ironic because watches are often cosmetic, and Apple used to be more form over function.

At the very least, Apple should create an Apple Watch Face store, or a devkit like Facer does.
Fossil is getting out of the smart watch business.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
For all that we laud Apple for keeping older devices going, the Watch is the one platform of theirs where I wish they'd get more cutthroat.

If you talk to folks who develop for the watch, they'll tell you that it holds everything back immensely when you have to worry about such older and much less capable hardware.

We are perhaps getting close to a place where it's less of an issue, but I think they should tighten it up a bit and cut off anything more than 4 years old (maybe 3) so as to keep that whole platform moving forward.

I know this will be unpopular though, so ...

• Disagree
Reactions: cwerdna

TundraKing

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2021
So how do you know if you're getting a crippled one or a good one? Apple needs to cut the official retail price until they get the full featured unit back for sales...... OR simply call it Series 9c (for crippled) to distinguish it from the real thing........

.....What a mess.....

• Love
Reactions: turbineseaplane

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
So how do you know if you're getting a crippled one or a good one? Apple needs to cut the official retail price until they get the full featured unit back for sales...... OR simply call it Series 9c (for crippled) to distinguish it from the real thing........

.....What a mess.....
I believe that the "new" Series 9 watches have a different model number which ends in LW/A. The "old" Series 9 watches with the blood oxygen sensor still turned on end in LL/A.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.