Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is working on a new version of the 2021 Beats Studio Buds called the Beats Studio Buds+, and a launch could be nearing based on the fact that Apple has submitted FCC filings for the device. There are two listings, one for each Bluetooth-enabled earbud.

beats-studio-buds-gold.jpg

We first heard about the Beats Studio Buds+ in March following the launch of the iOS 16.4 release candidate. The Beats Studio Buds+ look similar to the Beats Studio Buds and will have similar functionality, according to details obtained by MacRumors.

The earbuds will continue to use a Beats chip, but Apple is planning to add improved Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency to the Beats Studio Buds+.

There is no word as of yet on when Apple plans to launch the Beats Studio Buds+ or what the pricing will be, but with potential advancements over the current $150 Beats Studio Buds we could see them priced a bit higher.

Article Link: Apple's Upcoming Beats Studio Buds+ Earbuds Spotted in FCC Database

Last edited:

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
I'll never understand why the Beats brand is still around.
Hmm... I wonder if it's because they still sell

Global TWS (true wireless stereo) shipments grew 17% in Q1 2022 to reach 68.2 million units, according to the latest Canalys data. Market leader Apple’s TWS shipments were up 14%. Apple’s AirPods line grew 3% to reach 19.3 million units, while Beats by Dre, Apple’s audio sub-brand, contributed more significant growth, increasing 553% to reach 2.4 million units. Beats’ strong performance was driven by the popularity of its Studio Buds and the recently launched Fit Pro.

jforsander

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2017
I just bought a pair of Beats Studio buds when they went on sale for $99 on Friday. The new model better be announced before my return window closes.

• Haha
Reactions: Gengar

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Powerbeats Pro are about to turn 4 years old and are still being sold by Apple. Just update those! And no I don't want the Fit Pro's. I need ear hooks!

Reactions: Dylan33x

MiloCody

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2021
Pretty good mid-tier buds, cheaper feeling than BEATS FIT PRO, but those ear hooks does dig in.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Powerbeats Pro are about to turn 4 years old and are still being sold by Apple. Just update those! And no I don't want the Fit Pro's. I need ear hooks!
What will see an update first, Powerbeats Pro or Mac Pro? Both are approaching their 4 year anniversary

MrMojo1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
New England
If it's that similar to the Beats Fit Pro (BFP), I'll pass. The BFP was OK but the fit wasn't that great even though it stayed in the ear better than the APP. Upgraded the silicone tips to foam tips and the BFP's ANC still wasn't that good compared to the APP's ANC while overall sound quality was OK but the microphone wasn't that great as people said I sounded distant on phone calls.
I'll still use the BFP but won't consider newer versions.
Currently, looks like the original APP is still relatively better for functionality and performance.

jforsander

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2017
Just used my Beats Studio Buds in a phone call with transparency mode for the first time and wow they sound like trash. Nothing at all like the Beats Fit Pro. Hopefully the new Studio Buds+ can significantly improve upon this.

In terms of new Beats products, I'm dying to see a proper successor to the Beats Solo Pro. I know I'm practically the only person who likes this model or on ear headphones in general, but I'd love to see a new model with USB-C and all the niceties of the AirPods Pro (2nd Generation): H2 chip, spatialized audio with dynamic head tracking, adaptive transparency, adaptive EQ, and real find my support.

ophh1

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2016
Yet Beats is still selling the Solo3 and Studio3 that use MICRO USB cable to charge. What the actual……

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
Well, I still can’t fit any other thing like this in my ears. Apple’s stuff falls out any time I move my head. The little horns that Beats Fit Pro use means I can watch entire movies without dropping them and having to hunt under the sofa.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.