Apps downloading without permission

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rossagues, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Rossagues macrumors regular

Rossagues

I have recently discovered three apps that keep installing on my phone:

1. https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/instarage!-photo-editor-add/id592632102?mt=8
    2. https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/instasave-photo-video-downloader/id798533886?mt=8
    3. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/instasnatch-for-instagram/id963720521?mt=8
    I have never downloaded these or even seen these before but they keep popping up in my downloads list. I hide them from the list and they re-appear. I've removed the files from the itunes folder on my mac and they are still appearing on the phone.

i have two step verification on my account and no purchases can go through that. I've received no receipt of the purchase either.

I've also looked at instagram to see if any apps are using instagram and it's sharing none.

I've changed my password on my Apple ID and Instagram and I am not sure what to do next.

Why are these appearing and how did they get on my download list?

Any help?

Thanks,

Ross

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Someone downloaded them or installed them using your apple ID.
    Are you sharing Apple ID's with someone? What downloads list are they appearing at? On your iphone under appstore/updates/purchased?

3. Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues

Family sharing is off and I don't share my account with anyone. I've got two step verification on so I didn't think anyone could get in without my phone.

Is this still possible?

They do appear under appstore/updates/purchased.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You say the apps keep installing, but your confusion only seems to be that they appear in the downloads list.

Are the apps actually physically installing to your phone…so that you can actually open and use them?

5. Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues

They installed once. Without my permission. I cannot hide them from my purchases list.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

OK. I can't explain them installing the first time. That just doesn't happen. But that aside, because they DID download and install without your permission they are included in the list and that is not something you can change short of creating an all new Apple ID.

7. Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues

I've contacted Apple and hopefully they can shine some light on it.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That would be what I'd do.
    See if they can tell you when and on what device they were purchased on.
    Once downloaded once they will always appear in the purchased list.

9. Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues

Thank you for the help. I have made all the changes I can to keep it safe so I am sure it wont happen again.

10. Cmd-Z macrumors 6502

Cmd-Z

Not sure it would help, but you can try hiding these apps from within the iTunes Store. From your Mac's iTunes, navigate to the iTunes Store and select "Purchased" and then select the Apps category. There you'll see a list of purchased Apps, and if these show up you might be able to hide them. If you over your cursor over the top-left corner of the app you may see the familar "x" to delete (which hides) the app. I'm not at my Mac at the moment, and the PC I'm at oddly enough does not show the "x", but the cursor arrow changes to a finger if I hover over just the right spot, allowing me to hide past purchases.

Hiding the app may prevent what you're seeing, but if not hopefully Apple can resolve this.