Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Someone downloaded them or installed them using your apple ID.
Are you sharing Apple ID's with someone? What downloads list are they appearing at? On your iphone under appstore/updates/purchased?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
You say the apps keep installing, but your confusion only seems to be that they appear in the downloads list.

Are the apps actually physically installing to your phone…so that you can actually open and use them?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
OK. I can't explain them installing the first time. That just doesn't happen. But that aside, because they DID download and install without your permission they are included in the list and that is not something you can change short of creating an all new Apple ID.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Cmd-Z

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2014
Coyote, CA
Not sure it would help, but you can try hiding these apps from within the iTunes Store. From your Mac's iTunes, navigate to the iTunes Store and select "Purchased" and then select the Apps category. There you'll see a list of purchased Apps, and if these show up you might be able to hide them. If you over your cursor over the top-left corner of the app you may see the familar "x" to delete (which hides) the app. I'm not at my Mac at the moment, and the PC I'm at oddly enough does not show the "x", but the cursor arrow changes to a finger if I hover over just the right spot, allowing me to hide past purchases.

Hiding the app may prevent what you're seeing, but if not hopefully Apple can resolve this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.