Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GarethiMaclate2013

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2020
Hi all,

Just a quick check, are the Apple AirPod Pro headphones sold in John Lewis the same as Apple direct? They appear to be the same but the Manufacturers code is different.

Many thanks in advance.

GarethiMaclate2013

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2020
I can not believe JLP would sell knock offs.
? I should hope not!

The reason I ask, John Lewis seem to have two versions of the AirPod Pro headphones. One at £189 and the other at £199. One of them is detailed “MagSafe” charging and the other is “wireless”… As MagSafe is wireless (and vice versa) I assume they are the same but just wondered why they advertise two different types of AirPod Pro’s at different prices. Might be one to take up with JL!

I assume they are the same, just wanted to check before I buy! Shame JL can’t do the printing on the case for that price!

GarethiMaclate2013

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2020
Apple changed the APP charging case, the originals worked with Qi chargers and the newer with Magsafe.
Thanks Matt. That’s great for the confirmation! So they were different then on the JL site! So I’ll go with these then! ??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.