Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

As the topic states, are you going to line up even though you got your pre-order in at this point?

• Yes, and I did "Shipping"

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Yes, and I did "In-Store Pickup"

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • Yes, and I ordered from a Carrier (non-Apple Store)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
As the topic states, are you going to line up even though you got your pre-order in at this point? Maybe because of ship date, want to be in the hype, or some other reason? Even though I got my pre-order in, I am still debating whether to line up for the hype and maybe get a Silver phone just so if I flip flop on color choice, I have the option.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
My carrier only offers in store pick up and they are only allotting 2 days for pre order customers to pick up their phones. Otherwise they are going to refund customers and restock the phones.

So yes I'll be lining up as it's going to be a lot of people on November 3rd picking up their new babies.

djcingular

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Princeton, NJ
When I finally got in at 307, the only option was in-store pickup. SO I'll be out there w/ scalpers, mall crowds, news crew, priest & cups of coffee w/ Apple employees....basically EVERYONE, LOL!

Reactions: Starfyre

Leica Dad

Suspended
Sep 28, 2017
I might, just to be part of the experience and maybe a video for my youtube channel.

The last time I wait in line was the 3g. From that point on I just order online or wait a little to get it. I want to know how many are they getting in store.

SR42

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Yes I will, I don't want to wait until mid november for my order.

WSPAN1C

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
I’m going in for a instore pick up on the 3rd and want to get another one. I’m not sure if I will be able to get another one on the same account. I tried to place the order in the app but it would only let me get one. “You can only have one upgrade order per phone number at a time. You’ll be able to place additional iPhone orders once you receive and activate this iPhone” Is there a way to pick up an additional phone on launch day? I would buy the second in full too.

Jaymd1970

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
Cheshire,UK
Queued up for 4s,5 and 5s. Never again due the shambles at the Trafford centre when hundreds turned up pushing in. Utter nightmare!
Far easier now to try and order online for delivery or store pick up.
Never had a late delivery,even had ip7+ JB 256gb last year on 21/9

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Does anyone know if you have to have an account w/ the Big 4 to get one in person? Like, if I ask for the T-Mobile one in person, would they ask for account information if I pay for it in full?

MarcMller

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
well since my dumb ass fell asleep after waking up 10 minutes before the preorders went live and now my phone wont be delivered until mid December i'm definitely waiting in line because ive been expecting to have this phone next week for the last month..

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Does anyone know if you have to have an account w/ the Big 4 to get one in person? Like, if I ask for the T-Mobile one in person, would they ask for account information if I pay for it in full?

You don’t need to have an account, no questions asked except how your going to pay for it. o_O

Reactions: nfl46

AppleZombie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
SoCal
I actually took my tent out of storage and will start my homeless life tomorrow morning. Come join me. We can experience the homeless life together and share stories on how the X is going to change our lives.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Woke up for about an hour last night, placed my order, went back to sleep.

This morning went to cross fit, wrote some code, setup a few more Halloween decorations, dropping cookies off at the little G's school, wife and I starting Stranger Things 2 this afternoon, she's making her killer red sauce (Sicilian style gravy), probably knock out a few more work emails, so yeah ... the phone is kind of on the back burner. Ordered. Done. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.