Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shawnjcullen

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2015
South Wales
Delivered 40 mins go. Plugged in and first screen to choose location comes up but remote does not do anything. Even when being charged.

Tried apple support. Their ATV support line is down.

Hopefully will be up shortly. Anyone got any ideas? Can't wait to try it!! Stuck on screen saver at moment as remote won't do anything. And yes, I've turned it off then on again.

shawnjcullen

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2015
South Wales
Delivered 40 mins go. Plugged in and first screen to choose location comes up but remote does not do anything. Even when being charged.

Tried apple support. Their ATV support line is down.

Hopefully will be up shortly. Anyone got any ideas? Can't wait to try it!! Stuck on screen saver at moment as remote won't do anything. And yes, I've turned it off then on again.

PS when I hold menu and home buttons down it resets.

shawnjcullen

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2015
South Wales
Th
You don't happen to have an earlier model apple remote around to try? IR remote might be enough to get it set up to be able to try and repair the new remote?

Or, you can use ios devices to set up appleTV too but no idea if it still works for the new one.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT202788

Thanks so much. Used old remote and got me to using phone to start ATV - now the new remote works.

Thanks again.

Shawn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.