Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakja83

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
I am considering getting an LTE Apple Watch and a pair of airpods to use around office.

Questions:

- If kept in their case; If I receive a call on my watch and take out the airpods - are they ready instantly to receive call?
- You only need 1, right? The watch can also differentiate between stereo/mono?
- Any good tempered glass for AW the covers it and actually works?
- Is mail OK on the watch?
- Is Apple Music easier to integrate than Spotify?
- Do you get "sweaty" under the watch? What bands "breathe" the best so that you don't feel the watch "sticking" to your hand?
- Can you dictate messages on the watch standalone?
- If you walk around with just the watch (LTE) and keep an Airpod in one pocket, will battery-life be ok throughout the day?

If anyone cares to answer, muchos gracias!

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
- If kept in their case; If I receive a call on my watch and take out the airpods - are they ready instantly to receive call?
Maybe a 1-second delay to connect

Yes

Never used one, never cracked my screen and I'm in the gym 5-6 days a week banging my watch around with a tough case on

It's good to preview but wouldn't say it's anywhere near as good as a mobile screen. Content is tiny.

Not sure. I have both but only use apple music on my watch.

- Do you get "sweaty" under the watch? What bands "breathe" the best so that you don't feel the watch "sticking" to your hand?
Yes but not anymore than a standard watch. Also depends on what type of band you use. The nike bands(even the knock offs) have plenty of holes for breathability.

The watch needs a data connection(I think) for dictation which will be a non-issue for a lte watch.

- If you walk around with just the watch (LTE) and keep an Airpod in one pocket, will battery-life be ok throughout the day?
With workouts my apple watch lasts almost two days.

jakja83

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Thank you!

Does the AW have sapphire glass by now or does it still scratch easily?

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I am considering getting an LTE Apple Watch and a pair of airpods to use around office.

Questions:

A bit delay but not on the annoying side.
Yep.
There are some on Amazon. I haven't used it myself so can't recommend.
It's there just to preview.
Definitely.
Sport Loop.
Yep.
Yep.
I'll even say put one AirPods in your ear all day and you're still fine.

If anyone cares to answer, muchos gracias!

I say Apple Watch right now (S4 or 5) is perfect for office life. You'll get notified of your events. You can text. You can call. You'll be reminded things in your Reminders and you can put thing in Reminders very easily. You can do Voice Memo and there's even Maps for when you need direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: jakja83

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Thank you!

The sapphire option has been an option since the original, but you'll have to get the stainless steel, titanium, or ceramic versions to get it. The cheaper aluminum version still use glass.

sjinsjca

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2008
Do you travel internationally? Unless there’s been a change I’ve missed, the Watch cannot roam out of your home country.

Reactions: jakja83

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
Thank you!

The ion glass on the aluminum watches scratches easily. The sapphire glass on the higher priced watches much more resistant to scratching. I have only bought watches with sapphire glass since watch S0 and have never scratched the glass.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
as good as the watch is..its not a replacement for an iphone. for one thing you need an iphone to use it (set it up etc). you also cant search apple music for music, you cant browse the internet comfortably, and apps are limited.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.