Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
There may be a thread on this, but has anyone ordered or considered buying bluetooth headphones for your new Apple TV? I think some good quality headphones for an explosive action movie or the right video game would be awesome!!

Nickash28

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2010
There may be a thread on this, but has anyone ordered or considered buying bluetooth headphones for your new Apple TV? I think some good quality headphones for an explosive action movie or the right video game would be awesome!!

Works but delay in audio. Bluetooth not good for voice sync in movies or tv. Only music.

Runt888

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
Works but delay in audio. Bluetooth not good for voice sync in movies or tv. Only music.

A lot of people have the same problem on an iPhone, but it seems to be based on which headphones you have. I've never had any issues with mine. Mind sharing which ones you use?

jmantn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Tn
Weird I've have dish Hopper and it uses Bluetooth as well and while Bluetooth for video sucks on most things it's near perfect on my aging Hopper. I'm going to try my powerbeats with my AT4 this weekend.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Jabra Move Wireless are a great option. Great quality and the lag is virtually nonexistent. It is there but not noticeable with normal viewing and lip sync. I only discern it with a video clip I made wth transitions timed to music beats and even then you need to be looking for it.

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
My Jaybirds work great, however when you turn off the bluetooth earphones the menu sounds work but the in app audio doesn't until you do a restart.

Nickash28

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2010
Was getting delay on beoplay h8. Tried h6 with miccus atx adapter and none. Depends on receiver it seems. God bless America.

Also, looks like I should update my profile lol

dom_a2345

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2015
London
I tried loads of bluetooth headphones to find some that worked without delay.

In the end I bought the sennheiser momentum 2.0 bluetooth, they are quite pricey but the most fantastic pair of bluetooth headphones I have owned and I can confirm with all the apps I have tried on both iphone and atv 4 there is no delay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.