Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farqueue

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
Hello people, i lov the idea of a bluetooth migthy mouse without having a dock tha tu have to stick into one of the usb ports....

i play cs, halflife 2 and other games on my macbook... so i was wondering if tis is a good purchase...

tanks

EDIT: and ya....most importantly if it works with window$ under bootcamp.....

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
Its pretty much useless for games where it requires quick presses of the right button (e.g. to throw a grenade) because you need to lift your left finger.

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
You know what... I use my Mighty Mouse every single day, for about 2-3 hours at a time, and i've never experienced a single problem.

The scroll ball is like it was on day one, and i have absolutely no problems lifting my index finger to right click. It really isn't difficult!

Try the Mighty Mouse at a store, or maybe a friends mouse! See for yourself!

Don't take everyone else's word for it!

Rich.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
farqueue said:
Hello people, i lov the idea of a bluetooth migthy mouse without having a dock tha tu have to stick into one of the usb ports....

i play cs, halflife 2 and other games on my macbook... so i was wondering if tis is a good purchase...

tanks

EDIT: and ya....most importantly if it works with window$ under bootcamp.....

i'm not so sure if bluetooth mouse works under bootcamp at this point... i could be wrong, but just try to see if you can left-click and right-click at the same time, then you'll know what to choose

s0x™

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2006
I couldn't even get the mouse to work in the apple store...and that was wired :confused:

But, if you're after a gaming mouse I suggest the logitech range. I personally have the mx1000, very comfortable mouse and responsive. Oh and awesome battery life.

Though, most "pro" gamers would probably go "OMG you n00b wireless mouse's suck"...or something along those lines. But how nice it may be, I'd keep away from the mighty mouse

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
We have a thousand threads on Apples different mice and how they are rather poor. We need to have a serious discussion as why Apple just keeps getting it mice wrong.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Dont Hurt Me said:
We have a thousand threads on Apples different mice and how they are rather poor. We need to have a serious discussion as why Apple just keeps getting it mice wrong.

It's the "form before function" attitude.

I've mostly used Logitech products since the early 1990s. They care about functionality first and looks second. Kensington also has some so-so products but they don't seem to care about form or function.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.