Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acrobat5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
I know that when Apple first rolled out OS X 10.7 Lion people were having problems with wifi connections, but this is a Core i5 Mid-2011 model MBA that shipped with Lion. When I turned it on for the first time the wifi indicator on the top bar said "Wifi: No Hardware Installed" (the system profiler says otherwise), now it no longer says that but when I click Turn Wi-Fi on from the top bar or the System Preferences menu it does nothing.

I'm pretty pissed I paid for one day shipping and now I'll have to wait for it to turn around and have them ship me a new one, I'm hoping it's a glitch I might be able to fix before going through all that.

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
I know that when Apple first rolled out OS X 10.7 Lion people were having problems with wifi connections, but this is a Core i5 Mid-2011 model MBA that shipped with Lion. When I turned it on for the first time the wifi indicator on the top bar said "Wifi: No Hardware Installed" (the system profiler says otherwise), now it no longer says that but when I click Turn Wi-Fi on from the top bar or the System Preferences menu it does nothing.

I'm pretty pissed I paid for one day shipping and now I'll have to wait for it to turn around and have them ship me a new one, I'm hoping it's a glitch I might be able to fix before going through all that.

Thats really disappointing - any chance there is an Apple store nearby?

Acrobat5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
There is, but it isn't a base model so I'm going to have to wait on a replacement to ship to me.

illini71

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2010
I would reinstall lion just to cover all the bases. Sounds like its software related, because your getting 2 different reports.

Acrobat5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
That's what I thought too, but after going into Disk Utility it crashed and on reboot gives me the flashing question mark meaning it can't find the system disk. Seems like I just got an all around dud, I talked to Apple and got my shipping refunded and a return label, now I just get to wait for it to get to them and then wait again for the replacement, so much for one day shipping. :(

illini71

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2010
That's what I thought too, but after going into Disk Utility it crashed and on reboot gives me the flashing question mark meaning it can't find the system disk. Seems like I just got an all around dud, I talked to Apple and got my shipping refunded and a return label, now I just get to wait for it to get to them and then wait again for the replacement, so much for one day shipping. :(

That just down right sucks. I just got a refurb about 3 weeks ago and i ordered an i5 machine, but they gave an i7 go figure.:confused:

Goodluck I'm sure apple will make it right.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.