Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThaMacster312

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, but I wanted to buy a green bumper for my black iPhone and since only the black ones are part of Apple's case program, I was wondering where I can get it? Its not available online, so maybe at the Apple Store? Thanks for any help.

pisces03x

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008
I don't think Apple will be making the colored bumpers any more, in order to focus their resources on providing as many customers the black case they ordered through the case program as quickly as possible.
Your best bet is checking store stock at an Apple store, or at Best Buy. If they don't have any, don't hold your breath on them getting more stock any time soon.

solius

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Decatur AL
Ive seen a few on ebay but they are about double what you pay for them on apple so if you really want it you can get on there and get you one.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
EBay is about your only option right now; all colors were available when I looked a few days ago, but they're at premium prices. I tend to disagree that they won't be making them again, but until they get the bulk of the freebies taken care of, they're probably focusing on just manufacturing the black. So if you have your heart set on a green one and don't want to go the eBay route, best plan on a significant wait.

Good luck!

Alonzo84

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2009
North Carolina
I would hold out until September 30th. If they discontinue the free case program, the color options should be available again and you won't have to pay $60+ for one.

ThaMacster312

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
Thanks for the replies guys. I did check out ebay and there were a few reasonably priced ones which I will consider. But before I do, are there any 3rd party websites selling it? Most of the ones I found are knock-ofs :mad:

Pushkar

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
SW London, UK
Thanks for the replies guys. I did check out ebay and there were a few reasonably priced ones which I will consider. But before I do, are there any 3rd party websites selling it? Most of the ones I found are knock-ofs :mad:

I don't think there are, I too would be willing to pay the retail price for a Blue Bumper, but looking around, there aren't any. :(

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Waiting for white bumper + iPhone is so going to backfire on me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.