Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Project Alice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Post Falls, ID
I’m trying to add my google account to my iPhone SE on iOS 12.4
I do not have this problem on my iPhone 7.
The only thing I use google for is gmail and contacts. All my contacts are in google right now.

What happens is I press “Google” under add account and it does nothing. I can press it a thousand times and it doesn’t do anything. The other account options such as outlook which I also use works fine.

I rebooted, and I just got this iPhone yesterday so it was also freshly restored.

I took a screen recording of it, I’m posting this from said iPhone so I will upload the video somewhere later using a computer.

pilotboy1

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2009
Having this problem in 12.4 using a 6s and two Xr phones. Can't add Yahoo or AOL for that matter, either.

Project Alice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Post Falls, ID
Having this problem in 12.4 using a 6s and two Xr phones. Can't add Yahoo or AOL for that matter, either.
I noticed that too. I don’t use either of those but I tried just to see what would happen. On mine, it starts to load a page but then closes. Google doesn’t even do that, it just high lights and acts like it’s “greeted out”.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.