Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamin00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
Essex, UK.
It keeps asking for a payment method which I already have paypal set up for and use often automatically but when trying to set this up on my iPad pro I click on SET UP FAMILY SHARING, then GET STARTED, then APPLE MUSIC for which I have the family membership active and it confirms its ready but then when I select INVITE VIA MESSAGES then it pops up with PAYMENT METHOD REQUIRED, ADD A PAYMENT METHOD TO THIS APPLE ID IN iTUNES AND APP STORE SETTINGS.

techwarrior

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2009
Colorado
I believe a common credit card is the key to linking accounts in Family Sharing. I found this:

If you're using Family Sharing and you're the family organizer, you can use the following payment methods:
  • Credit and debit cards
  • Some additional payment methods available in select countries or regions (Alipay, China UnionPay, mobile phone billing, TrueMoney, WeChat Pay)
My guess is, PayPal is not a valid payment method for Family Sharing.

splifingate

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
PayPal /is/ accepted...

iCloud-payment-options.jpeg

jamin00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
Essex, UK.
I changed it from Paypal to a Visa debit card and all worked fine. In the UK it does not mention Paypal as a valid method payment for family sharing.

Reactions: splifingate
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.