Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imahawki

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
I have a bit of an odd but probably not unique situation. I have an extensive iTunes library running off of an old 2011 MBA. I need to retire that machine but you may be aware that High Sierra is the highest version of OS that machine supports. That means I cannot get the TV app on that machine. I want to buy a new Mac Mini to serve as my server but that will come with Catalina on it. When I boot it up, will I be able to open my iTunes library in the TV app?

niteflyr

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2011
Southern Cal
Assuming you are going to migrate everything from the MBA to the MM during setup assistant, then yes, everything should be fine.

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
ABSOLUTELY and what is brilliant is that you do not have to have the music app or tv app open to be able to use Apple Homesharing.

IMO the Apple software guys - Craig and his team are true geniuses.
Just the other week, I used TimeMachine to put my Macs contents onto a new SSD and it was the most incredible user experience ever - 100% accurate with every playlist, song, photo etc etc all in the correct place. The same with 'Migration Assistant' when I bought a new MacBook.
Everything just a pure pleasure to use and that's why you pay more for a Mac - because the complete experience is just incredible.

I had to use a clients Windows desktop 'thing' the other day and well, I not even going to say anymore except that it was like going back to the early 1990s. I'm horrified that humans have to sit in bleak offices around the world using these Windows repulsive things.

Reactions: satcomer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.