Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Let's say I'm in desert with just my iPad and iPhone. No 3G and no Wifi acesss

Is there a way to transfer a file from my iPhone to my iPad? Through Bluetooth? Through adhoc wifi?

Thx in advance.

Th3d0ctor

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Wrong. The correct answer is iFile. Select a file and choose Bluetooth.

Thanks for playing.

I wasn't able to get ifile BT file transferring to work. My iPhone would find my iPad, in would choose it, then it was just say waiting for iPad. Nothing happening on my iPad, no files no notification to accept files.

Cooolpenner

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
I wasn't able to get ifile BT file transferring to work. My iPhone would find my iPad, in would choose it, then it was just say waiting for iPad. Nothing happening on my iPad, no files no notification to accept files.

Try celeste, it's working fine, but a bit expensive...

After installing this, you'll Be able to send/recieve music, photos and Videos over bluetooth. Works fine with all mobile phones and computers...

Toddccc

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2013
For bluetooth-only transfer of files, try iOS app File Manager (Tap Media, LTD)

There is an iOS app that lets you bluetooth transfer files between iOS devices without Wifi.
It's called File Manager (Tap Media, LTD)

I was looking for an iOS app to bluetooth transfer Pages files and PDFs from a non-cellular iPad 3 to an iPhone 5. Basically, I want to write a document on my iPad, transfer it via bluetooth to my

iPhone, and email it to my editor--all without using Wifi.
Seems simple, but it's actually hard to find an iOS app that does it
-Bump is cool, but it wouldn't work because it requires a Wifi or cellular connection for both devices.
-File Manager (from TapMedia, Ltd.) will do the trick. You need to download File Manager on both devices, and the transfer isn't as simple as Bump, but it did work for me.

Here's the File Manager transfer process

On your iPad
-Open document in Pages
-Share document to File Manager
-Share document via Bluetooth

On your iPhone
-Open File Manager
-Go to Transfers screen, press "Receive" to download file
-Open file in File Manager
-Share file to Pages
-Share file in Pages via email, convert to Word
-Email file to recipient

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.