Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ScottishDuck

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
Argyll, Scotland
...allowing people to make forum threads where the thread title doesn't make it clear what the thread is about.

I just did an example there. The forum should be readable and not some kind of weird clickbait competition. Just a suggestion.

Reactions: willmtaylor

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Moving the cursor over the thread title reveals several lines of the opening post. I have found, that perusing threads in such a manner is (often) sufficient in ascertaining whether or not I wish to participate. If said feature was not available, I would agree with your point.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Moving the cursor over the thread title reveals several lines of the opening post. I have found, that perusing threads in such a manner is (often) sufficient in ascertaining whether or not I wish to participate. If said feature was not available, I would agree with your point.
Don't think that works on mobile devices which quite a few people use for forums.

Reactions: willmtaylor

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I agree with the OP. This should be forum policy. It's a rare day that I'm checking out forums with a cursor. It's on a mobile device 95% of the time.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Just as was stated by someone already, if a thread title doesn't make sense or needs correcting, kindly report the thread and the team will take a look at it. We may, or may not, always change it, but if reported, it will be looked at.

Reactions: OllyW
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.