Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chriscorbin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
Vallejo, CA
i started burning a data DVD in itunes and i decided that it was taking to long so i canceled it, well now i have a disk in my drive the the computer does not recognize is there, and it is stuck! the eject button does not work at all

any thoughts

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
i started burning a data DVD in itunes and i decided that it was taking to long so i canceled it, well now i have a disk in my drive the the computer does not recognize is there, and it is stuck! the eject button does not work at all

any thoughts
The other way to get a CD out if eject isn't working is to restart your computer, holding down the left mouse button as it boots up. It'll spit out any optical media in the drive as you do so.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Have you attempted dragging the disc icon to the trash? If yes, then follow the advice of .Andy.

davidja

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2011
Mac cd eject fail

I have a similar problem:
I meant to create a new image to a blank cd but intead burned an iso file. The disk is not recognised, does not show up in either Finder or disk utilities and will not eject. I have tried all the options in the Mac Tiger Help plus the suggestions in this forum but it will not eject. Help!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.