Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Withings today unveiled the Withings Go, an affordable, versatile activity tracker that's equipped with an always-on E Ink display. Available in five bright colors, the Withings Go is a clip-on or wrist-worn tracker that's able to monitor steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, and sleep quality, along with automatically tracking activities like running and swimming.

The circle-shaped Withings Go has an E Ink display designed to depict "at a glance" information with a main screen that shows a user's activity progress towards their individualized activity goal. Once the goal is reached, the screen offers up a star as a reward, and there's also a time mode that will display an analog watch face.

withingsgo-800x599.jpg

"We are delighted to introduce Withings Go which rounds out our portfolio of stylish, advanced activity and sleep trackers that meet the needs of people from all walks of life," says Cédric Hutchings, CEO of Withings. "Sporting a number of industry firsts, from always-on multiple displays to dynamic activity recognition, we have once again released a product that will make activity tracking accessible for everyone."
Withings Go is water resistant so it can be used for swimming, and it has features that allow it to automatically detect certain types of activity. At night, the Go is able to analyze sleep to offer a closer look at sleep patterns, distinguishing between light and deep sleep cycles.

Like all of Withings' wearable products, the Go does not require charging because it uses a standard watch battery that only needs replacing approximately every eight months. It also connects to the same Health Mate app used by all Withings products, so data from multiple devices can be viewed in the same central location.

withingsgocolors-800x298.jpg

Withings plans to offer the Go in black, blue, red, green, and yellow. It can be worn on the wrist, clipped to a belt, carried on a keychain, or stuck in a pocket. The Withings Go will be available for purchase during the first quarter of 2016 for $69.95.

Article Link: CES 2016: Withings Announces 'Go' Activity Tracker With E Ink Display

Oblivious.Robot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Seeing how my Activite Pop crashed in just 5 months, I say good luck to them!
(Primary function of watch is off by 20-30m regardless of how many times you recalibrate it)

beanbaguk

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2014
Europe
It's a shame you had such a poor experience with your Pop. I've got the Activité and apart from being a stunning watch, it works brilliantly but I've only had it 2 months so far.

My only gripe is the poor alarm feature. I wish they improved that and allowed for a continuous vibration and multiple alarms with a snooze function. I'm sure it's possible and I've been told by Withings it is coming....

ChandraNM

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
"Like all of Withings' wearable products, the Go does not require charging because it uses a standard watch battery"

;)
the Withings 'Pulse'/'O2' requires Charging as it has no user-replaceable Battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.