Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

exolenscase-250x461.jpg
ExoLens, a company that's partnered with Zeiss to bring professional-grade lenses to the iPhone, today announced a new protective case for the iPhone 7. The case is designed to keep the iPhone 7 safe from bumps, scratches, and drops while it's being used with ExoLens' range of Zeiss lenses.

Designed for the iPhone 7, ExoLens says the new accessory is an "ultra-durable dual layer case" created with impact-resistant materials and designed to be slim and low-profile.
"After launching our line of ZEISS ExoLens mobile photography solutions earlier this year, consumers told us that they loved the mobile photography lenses, but also expressed a desire for a solution that protected their iPhone, while still providing the lens attachment capability," says John Fellowes, Chief Executive Officer of Fellowes Brands. "The new ExoLens Case will provide the ability for users to seamlessly utilize our visually enhancing lenses, but the case will also shield the individuals iPhone from everyday drops and scratches at the same time."
The case is compatible with all Pro Zeiss Lenses and upcoming ExoLens Prime lenses. The company sells a range of Zeiss telephoto, macro, and wide-angle lenses, which range in price from $150 to $200.

The ExoLens Case will be available for purchase during the first quarter of 2017. Pricing has not yet been announced.

Article Link: CES 2017: ExoLens Announces iPhone 7 Case Compatible With Zeiss Lenses

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
The only concern is that the next version of the iphone will require a different case (has been true for almost every release). Hopefully the case is not very expensive and that the lenses will work for any future camera. Otherwise this is not a good investment.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
Am I the only one who thinks CES is garbage? Until Apple produces their own version of these items people won't buy it. It's my opinion of course
CES garbage? Absolutely not. I love going every year. Although that x brand Chinatown area of CES is always filled with garbage. It is still fun to look through. Sometimes there's a diamond in the rough in the Chinese section.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
From what I've read previously the Zeiss lenses for iPhone are pretty much garbage with really soft corners, semi-soft centers, etc. It's a shame because they make good glass for other systems like Sony. I have my doubts they even developed this glass themselves and just licensed the rights to their name.

Reactions: needfx

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
I don't see the point to this unless you are expecting lower image quality and poor low light performance. Putting high quality glass on glass gives you worse than what you started with. The iPhone glass is really good but you will not get the full potential of the Zeiss glass because of the iPhone glass in its way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.