Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

myCharge, known for its range of external battery packs for charging Macs and iOS devices, is introducing a new 20,000 mAh myCharge All Powerful battery pack, which is capable of charging a wide range of Apple products.

The All Powerful isn't as portable as the average battery pack, but it features a USB-A port, a USB-C port, and an AC outlet, which means it can power just about anything. It even comes equipped with Qi-based wireless charging to charge the iPhone X, 8, and iPhone 8 Plus cord-free.

mychargeallpowerful.jpg

According to myCharge, the 65-watt AC outlet built into the All Powerful can run a 32-inch TV, power most laptops, or operate a camping fan or light. The USB-A and USB-C ports can charge all of your iOS devices, and the Qi charging supports 10W fast charge.

Along with the All Powerful, myCharge also offers several other rugged chargers that are part of its adventure series, including the Adventure Mini (3,350 mAh), Adventure Plus (6,700 mAh), Adventure Max (10,050 mAh), Adventure Ultra (13,400 mAh), Adventure Xtreme (20,000 mAh), and the Adventure Jump Start (6,600 mAh), which can power up a dead vehicle battery.

Several new myCharge battery packs are being introduced at CES, including an updated Razor line with options ranging from 2,000 mAh to 20,100 mAh, the 7,000 mAh for powering portable game systems, the 3,000 mAh Solar Wallet, and the Unplugged series of Qi wireless chargers.

mychargeunplugged-800x487.jpg
myCharge Unplugged 8K​

The All Powerful will be available available for purchase starting in April 2018, and it will be priced at $199.99. The other Adventure series battery packs are available now at prices ranging from $30 to $100, while the rest of myCharge's new products will debut at CES or in the spring.

mychargerazormini-800x413.jpg
myCharge Razor Mini​

Additional information about all of myCharge's new products can be found on the myCharge website. myCharge will be officially showing off its new hardware at ShowStoppers at CES.

Article Link: CES 2018: myCharge Debuts 20,000mAh 'All Powerful' Battery Pack That Can Charge Anything

zahuh

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2004
I currently have an off brand 26,000 mah and it’s not enough. Wish they had even more mAh

Reactions: izyreal

sevvere

Suspended
Oct 20, 2017
The problem with these is how long it takes the device itself to charge. Hopefully, this comes with a powerful but heavy power brick to charge it quickly.

For those interested, Goal Zero makes a Sherpa 100 that has 27,000mah equivalent battery and charges in 3 hours with its power brick plug and can be charged by Goal Zeros charging panels but is not necessary, although it is overpriced, it’s more then the normal 20,000 and charges 3-4x faster then normal power banks

Reactions: ignatius345

Return Zero

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2013
Kentucky
If this had an Apple Watch charger built-in, I'd buy it. I hate having to lug around that cable separately, but I don't want to have to carry multiple battery packs either.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
That can charge/power a lot of things....or, for the same price....you will be able to get Apple's AirPower. o_O:rolleyes:

AirPower is not a portable power pack.
[doublepost=1515197752][/doublepost]
I currently have an off brand 26,000 mah and it’s not enough. Wish they had even more mAh

Are you sure it's actually delivering 26,000 mAh? Maybe it's a cheap Chinese knockoff that suckered you with fake numbers?

I once built a 10,000 mAh charger for an iPad (back in 2013) and it lasted for several hours doing FaceTime calls internatinally. How does that compare to yours?

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Why in the heck don't they rate these things in watt-hours, which is actually a useful measure of stored energy?

mAh doesn't mean anything without knowing the voltage of the internal battery.

Reactions: fairuz

ersan191

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2013
$200? Dang. I got my 20,000 mAh Anker bricks for $40 on sale and wireless charging pads that can plug into those bricks for less than half that. $200????? Wow.
This is a power bank, not a phone charger - it has a 65 watt standard outlet that can power a laptop or a TV. $200 is kind of high for these though, but I haven't seen one with a qi charger built in

I tend to think Qi is dumb for portable batteries since you're throwing away something like 20%-40% of the power

Last edited:

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
mAh… this unit doesn’t say anything about the capacity. At what voltage? 0.00001mv?

This is one of my pet beefs too. It seems to have become a convention to quote battery capacity at the standard old USB voltage of 5V. If everything used 5V it would have some validity as a basis for comparison, but with USB-PD operating at 5, 9, 15 and 20V a battery capacity expressed in mAh is meaningless.

The correct unit to express battery capacity is Watt hours (Wh). At least my Anker "26800" USB-PD battery has the decency to also state the capacity as 96.48 Wh in tiny illegible text.

Even Apple do it, expressing the battery capacity of my 12" MacBook as 5550mAh, while its actual capacity is 39.7 Wh.

This matters because if I didn't know better I might naively think the Anker could charge my MacBook 26800/5550 = 4.8 times, while the real number is 96.48/39.7 = 2.4 times. But this is still wrong because the fundamental transfer efficiency is about 70% so it is actually more like 1.7 x.

Of course the manufacturers want to quote nice big numbers, but a lot of people are being mislead because of the voltage issue and because the transfer efficiency is conveniently ignored.

Last edited:
Reactions: David G. and fairuz

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
if this makes a boom, i'd prefer to not to be there

This was my thought. It doesn't say if it's nimh or Lion. If it's lithium it's probably 6-8 cells and detonation is a feasible reality if something goes wrong. It's a lot of money for a handful of cells in a case with plugs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.