Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Red Belly

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Ireland
Does anyone know if it is possible to burn short movies to CD-Rs rather than DVDs with a Mac, and if so what software is needed? I recently got a sony handycam and the bundled windows software apparently allows this (but not on my creaking win98 machine). I'll be switching soon and wonder if I'll be able to do this on a Mac and whether or not I can may affect my decision vis a vis combo or superdrive.

tia

rb

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Red Belly said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to burn short movies to CD-Rs rather than DVDs with a Mac, and if so what software is needed? I recently got a sony handycam and the bundled windows software apparently allows this (but not on my creaking win98 machine). I'll be switching soon and wonder if I'll be able to do this on a Mac and whether or not I can may affect my decision vis a vis combo or superdrive.

tia

rb
Sounds like you need a VCD SVCD program - search macupdte.com for vcd

should do you fine and should play in your DVD player or another computer

evil_santa

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
London, England
do you want cd roms with quicktime movies on them or a VCD? if its a video CD you need to capture your DV with iMovie then export it as a DV movie and create a VCD using Toast.

Red Belly

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Ireland
Cheers for the replies. Sounds like toast should do it for me. Won't be making cd-roms...yet!

I'm probably missing a great "cheers/toast" pun here but what the hey!

rb

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Red Belly said:
Cheers for the replies. Sounds like toast should do it for me. Won't be making cd-roms...yet!

I'm probably missing a great "cheers/toast" pun here but what the hey!

rb

That's OK - Roxio loves puns. Their audio authoring program is called 'Jam', and you can buy it bundled with 'Toast'. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.