Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

switters

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
east Coast
Home page and MEAP page. The entertainement comp. is not finished yet.

School has been taking all off time, the client understands that.
red_2.jpg

meap_1.jpg

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Too much red.

Red text is hard to read and too small.

I like the image in the lower left of the second page, but the lady singing in the first page looks badly photoshopped and kind of lifeless.

I kind of like the layout, though. :)

switters

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
east Coast
Thanks....

You are absolutely right about the color of the body text, I changed it to black. It's size 12 font....you really think that it's too small?

Butters

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2006
UK
Looking much better than what you posted before :)

The first image, I'm not keen on the left side (MEAP) but the right side is looking pretty decent.

The Second image I like. It looks much more professional than the first.

I would recommend on the first image paying a little more attention to detail around the edges of the lady and the seats. I'm very aware that they were (perhaps hastily) cut from seperate images with the lasso and pasted together

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
switters said:
You are absolutely right about the color of the body text, I changed it to black. It's size 12 font....you really think that it's too small?

It all depends, on iGary's 30" display, indeed it may be small. :p

It could be bigger though, try 13 or 14 and go from there.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
switters said:
Thanks....

Much better - I think it was just the color, honestly. :)

switters

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
east Coast
MacRumorUser said:
v.nice indeed.

What web package are you using? :) freeway pro ?

Thanks a lot.

Never heard of Freeway Pro till I google it a minute ago. I am using PhotoShop for the design then Dreamweaver for the 'coding'.

Butters: thanks for the response as well. I worked a bit on the left side of the first image. I blended the chairs using the LUMINOSITY blending and I also blended the edges a bit using the layer mask.

It looks better.

As for the second image, I am happy with it.
Thanks for the responses from everyone.

If you have any other comments don't hesitate to voice them.

Cheers

red_3.jpg

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
I really love the layout and design, my only complaint is that black shadowing in the bold text on page 1, no major problem though. I love the image in the lower left of the second page like iGary. Overall good job and I which I could create like that :)

switters

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
east Coast
Thanks DeSnousa...

You are probably right about the outer glow on the large text in the first image. The client for some reason wants it there. oh well..... :)

I love working man...so i decided to create a blue version for the client just in case she changes her mind about the red layout that she asked for.

I also wanted the opinion of the red haters in here... lol..........:D

Is this version to blue?

By the rate that I am going, I will probably finish this site in the year 2015!

Blue:

index_11d.jpg

meap_2.jpg

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I like the red version better, but that woman on the first page has got to go - it ruins all you other quality work on the site. Let me guess - it's your client? :D

switters

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
east Coast
LOL..... hahaaaa...

you are right.

She hass no pics of herself; but, since I value your opinion I will beg her to take new photos of herself and/or do a better job placing that imge on the first page in a more fluid way......

P.S. your post is funny....:)

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
switters said:
LOL..... hahaaaa...

you are right.

She hass no pics of herself; but, since I value your opinion I will beg her to take new photos of herself and/or do a better job placing that imge on the first page in a more fluid way......

P.S. your post is funny....:)

Just lose the home page completely. It adds nothing of information, and it confuses the visitor as the interface changes on the next page. Just make the second page your home page and you're gold. Better design, more efficient message.

switters

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
east Coast
Hi folks,

I have three templates (rough) drafts ready for crtique.

I haven't checked them on a PC but I am sure if I did certain problems might arise; since I used some CSS positioning for some elements in the design.

Also, the cllient wants a splash page, I tried to convince her otherwise but she wouldn't hear it!

I noticed that on my safari, firefox, netscape, and opera browsers all looks good and the layout is where it should be. But, on IE, the elements that are CSS positioned are out of order.
(Please let me know if that's the case on your PC)

Any other crtiques would be appreciated. Oh yea, I removed the static snapshots of the layout, if you scroll up in this discussion you won't see any images.

P.S. The slide shows are place markers, they are not my work. I will create new flash slide shows for the client soon.

LINK: http://www.conceptualdesign.net/wincey/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.