Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today you can get Apple's AirTag 4-Pack for $84.55 on Amazon, down from $99.00. Only the 4-Pack option is being discounted, and only Amazon is offering this sale on the AirTag.

AirTag-and-Lavender-iPhone.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Discounts on the AirTag 4-Pack have been somewhat rare in 2022, with the last notable sale happening nearly two months ago now. Today's deal is a new all-time low price, but there is a shipping delay of about 10 days at the time of writing.

AirTag provides a way to keep track of your items in the iOS Find My app, with a way to play a sound on the built-in speaker to find something locally or with precision finding when it's farther away. Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Update: This article has been updated to reflect the new discount price of $84.55 for the AirTag 4-Pack.

Article Link: Deals: AirTag 4-Pack Drops to $84.55 on Amazon ($14 Off) [Updated]

Last edited:

StuBeck

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
Still haven't found a current need for these.

My turtle is slow enough that I can usually find him before he gets too far.
My wife likes to throw her keys random areas when she gets home. Its useful for that, but I don't think there is anything specific about Apple that makes these better than the rest of the market. The complete lack of any thought about security and then overreaction is annoying. They need to have a system within families to not throw the constant beeping. When I take my wife's keys I don't need to be informed constantly I have an airtag on me when we already have location tracking setup on our iPhones.

GMacAppleUser

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2020
My wife likes to throw her keys random areas when she gets home. Its useful for that, but I don't think there is anything specific about Apple that makes these better than the rest of the market. The complete lack of any thought about security and then overreaction is annoying. They need to have a system within families to not throw the constant beeping. When I take my wife's keys I don't need to be informed constantly I have an airtag on me when we already have location tracking setup on our iPhones.
Agreed to be honest, no reason for it to not be a lot smarter than it is.

Take Flight

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
Agreed to be honest, no reason for it to not be a lot smarter than it is.
Yes that is the main dumb thing about the product - it should be integrated into Family Sharing to prevent this.

Other than that it is great, and the expansive Find My network is what sets it way apart from the Tiles of the world. Those are only good if you are in close proximity to the items. They are worthless if you leave something behind and don't know where it is.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
My wife has a set of Tiles. I don't like that Tile was acquired and now is owned by a company that is publicly known to sell user data. And I considered getting a set of AirTags for myself but I'm not convinced.

calliex

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2018
Pittsburgh, Pa

Today you can get Apple's AirTag 4-Pack for $89.00 on Amazon, down from $99.00. Only the 4-Pack option is being discounted, and only Amazon is offering this sale on the AirTag.

AirTag-and-Lavender-iPhone.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Discounts on the AirTag 4-Pack have been somewhat rare in 2022, with the last notable sale happening nearly two months ago now. Today's deal is a second-best price, but the all-time low price sat just about $2 lower, so Amazon's sale is still a good markdown if you've been shopping around for the AirTag 4-Pack.

AirTag provides a way to keep track of your items in the iOS Find My app, with a way to play a sound on the built-in speaker to find something locally or with precision finding when it's farther away. Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: Deals: AirTag 4-Pack Drops to $89 on Amazon ($10 Off)
I bought one for me and the wife. She has somewhere in her purse and likes knowing she can find it when she misplaces in the house. I wanted to use it my wallet. I found small cavity to place it in but every time I sit down it resets. I now use on a keychain fob. Not as useful as I thought.

Robert.Walter

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2012
I bought one for me and the wife. She has somewhere in her purse and likes knowing she can find it when she misplaces in the house. I wanted to use it my wallet. I found small cavity to place it in but every time I sit down it resets. I now use on a keychain fob. Not as useful as I thought.
What’s a wallet?

Jk. I have one in my wallet. I think it may be useful if I ever take my wallet out with me. I think the one on my keys is a nice insurance policy.

surfzen21

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2019
New York
Do you find the GPS is good enough to pinpoint the keys in your house or apartment or is it the audio ping that really locates them?

Now that I think about it I have a bunch of tools that could use this 😂

Never loose a 10mm socket again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.