Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon has kicked off the week with a new discount on the Apple Watch Series 3 (38mm, GPS), available for $169.00, down from $199.00. This version of the Apple Watch typically sees discounts to around $179, so Amazon's sale is about $10 below the previous sale price and among the best online right now.

apple-watch-series-3-sale.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This sale is focused on the 38mm GPS version of the Apple Watch Series 3, and it's available in silver aluminum with a white sport band and space gray aluminum with a black sport band. Although this is a previous-generation model, the Series 3 model has many useful features like an optical heart sensor, activity tracking, swimproof design, and more.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup. If you're looking for AirPods to pair with a new Apple Watch while working out, we track sales for every model of the AirPods in our Best AirPods Deals guide.

Article Link: Deals: Apple Watch Series 3 Drops to $169 on Amazon ($30 Off)

jicon

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2004
Toronto, ON
Just took a look at the link, taking me to Amazon.ca... Yeesh. $369.12 CAD. That's I think more than what I spent on a 42mm series 3 brand new. Then again, AirPod2 refurbished is going for $249 CAD plus $15 shipping. Again more than what I bought brand new years ago. Those US prices are decent, but Canadian dollar has taken a bit of a nosedive.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
Just took a look at the link, taking me to Amazon.ca... Yeesh. $369.12 CAD. That's I think more than what I spent on a 42mm series 3 brand new. Then again, AirPod2 refurbished is going for $249 CAD plus $15 shipping. Again more than what I bought brand new years ago. Those US prices are decent, but Canadian dollar has taken a bit of a nosedive.
The link now shows Amazon.com (US). Maybe MacRumors fixed the link, or the link is based on the location of the user.
Anyhow, the Watch 3 is essentially on its final year of OS update, given the Series 2 is dropped from Watch OS 7. I would be very cautious about getting it now.

Jxdawg

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2019
The link now shows Amazon.com (US). Maybe MacRumors fixed the link, or the link is based on the location of the user.
Anyhow, the Watch 3 is essentially on its final year of OS update, given the Series 2 is dropped from Watch OS 7. I would be very cautious about getting it now.

I think the AW3 probably has more than just 1 year left. It is still being sold by Apple after all. Can’t think of any product that Apple has sold that was defunct a year later.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
I think the AW3 probably has more than just 1 year left. It is still being sold by Apple after all. Can’t think of any product that Apple has sold that was defunct a year later.
That is a good point. They might have 2 years left.
On the other hand, the series 4 is already a better value by now. It has the larger screen display along with fall detection, on top of the ECG. The series 3 was already left behind a bit with the faces on the newer OS.

Reactions: Jxdawg

Jxdawg

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2019
That is a good point. They might have 2 years left.
On the other hand, the series 4 is already a better value by now. It has the larger screen display along with fall detection, on top of the ECG. The series 3 was already left behind a bit with the faces on the newer OS.

No doubt the AW4 is the better value deal. I was mostly defending my AW3 as I just bought it in December ?

• Haha
Reactions: B4U

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
No doubt the AW4 is the better value deal. I was mostly defending my AW3 as I just bought it in December ?
My series 3 was bought on the iPhone X's launch day, so I am seeing its limit by now. Very envious my colleagues' series 4 and 5's features and watch faces.
The price of the series 3 need to be lower than that to make it worthwhile now, given the series 6 is expected to launch in September.
But I am not sure how the 3D/force touch removal would feel in watchOS 7, given that I hated the haptic touch on XR and how my X got neutered in iOS 13.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.