Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon has a few notable deals to kick off the week, offering up to $400 off the 2019 13-inch MacBook Pro, 2019 MacBook Air, and the 2018 12.9-inch iPad Pro. All of the deals that we've rounded up below represent the lowest-ever prices for these models.

iPad Pro

To start, you can get the 12.9-inch iPad Pro from 2018 (Wi-Fi, 64GB) for $799.00, down from $999.00. At $200 off, this is the lowest price currently available for this model of the iPad Pro. If you're looking for more storage, the 1TB 12.9-inch model is also $200 off at $1,349.99, down from $1,549.00.

appleipadprodesign2.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

These iPad Pro models come with an edge-to-edge Liquid Retina display, Face ID, an A12X Bionic chip, 12-megapixel rear camera and 7-megapixel TrueDepth front camera, and up to ten hours of battery life. You can use Apple's Smart Keyboard and Apple Pencil 2 accessories with the 2018 iPad Pros as well.

MacBook Pro

Amazon has the higher-end 15-inch MacBook Pro with 16GB RAM and a 512GB SSD for $2,399.00, down from $2,799.00 ($400 off). The notebook is available in both Silver and Space Gray.

macbook-pro-13-inch-2019.jpg

This is the latest 2019 MacBook Pro with Retina Display, the Touch Bar, Touch ID, four Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports, and updated Butterfly keyboard technology.

MacBook Air

Lastly, Amazon has the new 2019 MacBook Air (8GB RAM, 128GB SSD) for $899.97, down from $1,099.00 ($200 off). This MacBook Air has a 13-inch Retina Display, Touch ID, two Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports, and an updated butterfly keyboard.

macbook-air-2019.jpg

Availability on this model is low, however, and at the time of writing it will be shipped sometime in late October. This is still a great price for the notebook, so those looking to save on this model should head to Amazon before the discount expires.

Head to our full Deals Roundup for more information on similar Apple-related discounts and offers.

Update: Since posting, the deal on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro (64GB) has expired, and is now priced around $950.

Article Link: Deals: Save on Apple's iPad Pro, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air (All Lowest Ever, Up to $400 Off) [Updated]

Last edited:

pmurray633

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012

Amazon has a few notable deals to kick off the week, offering up to $400 off the 2019 13-inch MacBook Pro, 2019 MacBook Air, and the 2018 12.9-inch iPad Pro. All of the deals that we've rounded up below represent the lowest-ever prices for these models.

iPad Pro

To start, you can get the 12.9-inch iPad Pro from 2018 (Wi-Fi, 64GB) for $799.00, down from $999.00. At $200 off, this is the lowest price currently available for this model of the iPad Pro. If you're looking for more storage, the 1TB 12.9-inch model is also $200 off at $1,349.99, down from $1,549.00.

appleipadprodesign2.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

These iPad Pro models come with an edge-to-edge Liquid Retina display, Face ID, an A12X Bionic chip, 12-megapixel rear camera and 7-megapixel True Depth front camera, and up to ten hours of battery life. You can use Apple's Smart Keyboard and Apple Pencil 2 accessories with the 2018 iPad Pros as well.

MacBook Pro

Amazon has the higher-end 15-inch MacBook Pro with 16GB RAM and a 512GB SSD for $2,399.00, down from $2,799.00 ($400 off). The notebook is available in both Silver and Space Gray.

macbook-pro-13-inch-2019.jpg

This is the latest 2019 MacBook Pro with Retina Display, the Touch Bar, Touch ID, four Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports, and updated Butterfly keyboard technology.

MacBook Air

Lastly, Amazon has the new 2019 MacBook Air (8GB RAM, 128GB SSD) for $899.97, down from $1,099.00 ($200 off). This MacBook Air has a 13-inch Retina Display, Touch ID, two Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports, and an updated butterfly keyboard.

macbook-air-2019.jpg

Availability on this model is low, however, and at the time of writing it will be shipped sometime in late October. This is still a great price for the notebook, so those looking to save on this model should head to Amazon before the discount expires.

Head to our full Deals Roundup for more information on similar Apple-related discounts and offers.

Article Link: Deals: Save on Apple's iPad Pro, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air (All Lowest Ever, Up to $400 Off)

The link you provide for the 799 iPad is not correct. It still comes up as an iPad Pro for 949 (so 50 dollars off)

LuciusWrong

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019
Apple seems unusually keen on blowing out old inventory? With Macbooks in mind, is this an indication that the new macbooks will be fundamentally different? Like Apples own processors. I know, new keyboard and different screen are pretty certain.

In the past, apple made minimal discounts on old models, and for awhile a person could choose between 2017s, 2018s, and 2019s. Discounts didnt seem to be enough to convince people to buy, myself included.

Im still hedging my bets, saying if i dont like the about to be released machine, i can fall back on the 2019. Hopefully they arent all gone by then...

frugalvagabond

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2019
Apple seems unusually keen on blowing out old inventory? With Macbooks in mind, is this an indication that the new macbooks will be fundamentally different? Like Apples own processors. I know, new keyboard and different screen are pretty certain.

In the past, apple made minimal discounts on old models, and for awhile a person could choose between 2017s, 2018s, and 2019s. Discounts didnt seem to be enough to convince people to buy, myself included.

Im still hedging my bets, saying if i dont like the about to be released machine, i can fall back on the 2019. Hopefully they arent all gone by then...
I am really in the market for a new computer so I just bought the 512GB 13" variant off amazon because it's a pretty good deal. However, I do also feel what you're saying and I'm nervous that the next generation will be coming out soon. But, if like other amazon products, you have a month to return it, so it'll by Oct 24 as my last return day. AND I'm banking on the fact that Apple is going to have an October event probably around the 22 and if theres a whole new range I can still return my macbook to get the new one!

macjonny1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
The new one will probably be a premium 16" version. They just released an update on the 13 and 15" so there's no reason to update those. This will likely IMHO be kind of a premium product like the Imac Pro with a very expensive price. I pulled the trigger on this 15" deal because I know I would probably be spending $1500 more on a 16" with what I would want.

Reactions: frugalvagabond

ateslik

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2008
I’m trying to get excited, but I just bought an asrock phantom motherboard with a core i9 9900 cpu with 16 cores, 32Gb kingston hyperx ram, a case, a power supply, and a 256Gb m.2 card and all of it was under $1000. These prices are very high. You can get a 15” Razer laptop fully loaded for $2,000.

At this point it’s really about OSX, iMessage, and HomeKit. Is it really worth it?

LuciusWrong

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019
I am really in the market for a new computer so I just bought the 512GB 13" variant off amazon because it's a pretty good deal. However, I do also feel what you're saying and I'm nervous that the next generation will be coming out soon. But, if like other amazon products, you have a month to return it, so it'll by Oct 24 as my last return day. AND I'm banking on the fact that Apple is going to have an October event probably around the 22 and if theres a whole new range I can still return my macbook to get the new one!

Man....you are cutting it close! I would want to allow closer to 1 week.

Reactions: frugalvagabond

LuciusWrong

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019
I’m trying to get excited, but I just bought an asrock phantom motherboard with a core i9 9900 cpu with 16 cores, 32Gb kingston hyperx ram, a case, a power supply, and a 256Gb m.2 card and all of it was under $1000. These prices are very high. You can get a 15” Razer laptop fully loaded for $2,000.

At this point it’s really about OSX, iMessage, and HomeKit. Is it really worth it?

If by "fully loaded", you mean 1080p screen (sorry, "full HD"), right? I wouldnt touch a laptop with such an antique screen! And you can buy a 15" MBP for $2300, with much better display.

With the 4k monitor, the Razor is closer to $4k..and only 1 build option with that display.

Really it is the same price as the mac when you actually look at the specs.

LuciusWrong

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019
The new one will probably be a premium 16" version. They just released an update on the 13 and 15" so there's no reason to update those. This will likely IMHO be kind of a premium product like the Imac Pro with a very expensive price. I pulled the trigger on this 15" deal because I know I would probably be spending $1500 more on a 16" with what I would want.

My guess is this will be just a "macbook", without the pro.

New display being bigger throws you off the scent. Just because it is slightly bigger does not mean it is better or more expensive. It doesnt make sense to change the size without fundamentally changing the display. For sure it is different display technology.

Rumor says the 15" will continue...and it is possible that the 15" is the premium model...and i guess it will continue to have butterfly keys.

One of us will be right, since now pretty much every option is covered!

frugalvagabond

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2019
Man....you are cutting it close! I would want to allow closer to 1 week.
Funny thing is I actually had to return my amazon mac because when I got it, it was OBVIOUSLY used. And good thing I did! Because I decided to check out costco and theyre selling the 2019 2.4GHZ 256GB for $1399 and only $200 more for the 512GB so I bought that one. So a good 200 less for the same from costco. Also costco has a 90 day return policy so I will FOR sure have enough time to see if I like the new mac. Also, costco extends the manufacturers warranty for 2 years for FREE and if you buy with your costco citi card you get an extra 2 years. So in total 4 years free warranty from costco. So honestly they're the best deal! At least I can still return it in 3 mo if Apple releases a better one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.