Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Mophie has begun a major new sale on Juice Pack Air cases for older models of the iPhone. This includes the iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max. There are multiple colors discounted for each case, but stock is limited considering how deep the discounts are during the sale.

juice-pack-air-review-6.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Mophie. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

All of these Juice Pack Air Cases can be purchased for $29.95 for a limited time, down from $99.95. For an even deeper discount, you can use the MacRumors exclusive promo code RUMORS20 to take an additional 20 percent off, and get each case for just $23.96, the lowest we've ever tracked for a new model of Mophie's Juice Pack Air line ($75.99 off).

Juice Pack Air Cases ($23.96 with code RUMORS20)

iPhone XS Max
iPhone XS
iPhone XR
iPhone X
iPhone 7 Plus/8 Plus
iPhone 7/8 Visit our full Deals Roundup for more Apple-related discounts.

Article Link: Deals Spotlight: Get Mophie's Juice Pack Air Cases for Older Model iPhones at Just $23.96 ($75.99 Off)

Last edited:

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2008
Almost ordered until I realized it won't work with CarPlay. :-(

Connector to battery is micro USB and doesn't pass through CarPlay to internal lightning connector apparently.

axcess99

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2005

Connector to battery is micro USB and doesn't pass through CarPlay to internal lightning connector apparently.

maybe? iTunes on pre-10.15 / 10.15-Finder can both see it as an iphone over usb. No idea about carplay protocol though. I thought most carplay equipped cars had bluetooth as well.

It's a pretty good deal though vs a battery replacement or just wanting extra "juice". I have one and their warranty is also pretty good*

* on my case the lock button insert on the case popped out when I was fitting the phone in and out a lot during a trip and I lost it :-(. I don't see that as a reflection of the build quality though, just a fluke. Best to just leave the phone in the case 24/7 if you can. I was trying to double-charge case and phone quickly and must not have noticed.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
i'm in. we're going to disney in the spring and i've had battery cases on my to-get list. amazon is full of crappy chinese knockoffs about this price....

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
bought one for the iPhoneXR. they have mixed reviews on amazon but for 30 bucks worth the risk. and i was planning to get one for snowboarding/hiking anyway.
[automerge]1572977312[/automerge]

Not true:

Mophie launches new Juice Pack Air battery case with Lightning for iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR
Chance Miller

- Jun. 27th 2019 4:14 pm PT

Mophie today has released a new Juice Pack Air battery case with wireless charging for the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR. Mophie released the Juice Pack Access earlier this year, but the new Juice Pack Air has a key differentiator in that it supports Lightning connectivity.

The Juice Pack Air features a 1,720mAh battery in all three of the new models. Mophie says that this will extend your battery life up to 34 hours.

The new Juice Pack Air is similar to the Juice Pack Access in many ways. However, the Access features USB-C connectivity, while the Air case features Lightning connectivity.

Last edited:

rizzo41999

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2009
MA
Just got one for the 7+, thanks for passing this along and for promo! Wireless charging feature will deff keep me happy until 2020 5G models!

Thanks, Macrumors!!

Apr 3, 2017
Just ordered a navy blue one for my X. Great deal. Can anyone confirm whether or not these work with CarPlay though? I use it every day and that would be a bummer if it doesn't.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I got a navy blue one for my iPhone X. $25.40 after tax
Same here. Went blue. After I ordered I realized I could get the Access model with no chin and access to the lightning port (but less charge capacity) with the 20% off for $65. But that extra $40 isn’t worth it. When I need Lightning access I will pop the case off.

Reactions: Archmage

dwman

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2007
San Francisco
I bought one as well for my iPhone X, but the pricing on this goes to show what a rip off these things are at retail price.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Got an email from Zagg today. They cancelled my order. I had to call them to re-order my order. And apparently the Air Pack for iPhone X is micro-USB while the iPhone XS is Lightning pass through abs supports CarPlay. WTH?!?! The X and XS are essentially the same phone!

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2008
Not true:

Mophie launches new Juice Pack Air battery case with Lightning for iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR
Chance Miller

- Jun. 27th 2019 4:14 pm PT

Mophie today has released a new Juice Pack Air battery case with wireless charging for the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR. Mophie released the Juice Pack Access earlier this year, but the new Juice Pack Air has a key differentiator in that it supports Lightning connectivity.

The Juice Pack Air features a 1,720mAh battery in all three of the new models. Mophie says that this will extend your battery life up to 34 hours.

The new Juice Pack Air is similar to the Juice Pack Access in many ways. However, the Access features USB-C connectivity, while the Air case features Lightning connectivity.

I have an iPhone X. Good to see they fixed for future models, but mine wouldn't work with CarPlay.

madscripter

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2017

I have a fairly new Mophie one for the iPhone 7 Plus with micro USB that works with my brand new Alpine car stereo using micro-USB to USB-A. Model number is JPA-IP7P. my 2 cents.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
Finally received mine after biting the bullet to try the XS case on my X.
Happy to report the charging part works.
Need to test the CarPlay part sometime over the weekend.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
Finally received mine after biting the bullet to try the XS case on my X.
Happy to report the charging part works.
Need to test the CarPlay part sometime over the weekend.
Bad news. When trying out CarPlay on my vehicle, the connectivity is cutting in and out, rendering it inoperable. So the case is only good for when I am out hiking without a car.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.