Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oconnellrp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2014
I have two gmail accounts in Mail running in OS Yosemite. How do I change the default account? Thanks.

oconnellrp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2014
default account in using OS Yosemite

Thanks much for your reply. I have tried to change the default account using that approach and have been miserably unsuccessful. Any other suggestions?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Thanks much for your reply. I have tried to change the default account using that approach and have been miserably unsuccessful. Any other suggestions?

That should work. Next, when in a new mail message, look at the toolbar just above the body of the message and see if you have the option to choose which account to send from.

oconnellrp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2014
Default account in Mail using OS Yosemite

When I bring up a new email there is no box giving me the option to select the account. The email address listed on the "From" line is the address for the email account I set in preferences. When I send the email, the address listed on the email the recipient receives has the email address for the other account. Something isn't right!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.