Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eric-PTEK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
After figuring that the new CD 27" was going to have the same issues as the iMac 27" I was heading towards the HP ZR30W but it has limited inputs.

I checked out the Dell 27U11, multiple inputs which I need, great reviews, DP so I can plug directly into my MB Pro.

My wife's 27" iMac is going to be going back to Apple due to a heavy yellowing. Not wanting to play round and round I decided to go with the Dell 27U11.

I just plugged it in and I don't know....first off it makes my head hurt to look at it. Even typing this its overpowering. I keep turning down the brightness but it just doesn't have the same POP as the iMac 27.

I have it setup on Adobe RGB preset, have the MB Pro set the same way. I've played with the settings and its better but just not what I was expecting.

I have a Huey Pro but the Huey download on Pantone's website is expired and I can't find the software anywhere on the web, nor can I find my original install disk.

Bought it locally at Microcenter so returning it is simple but I'd like to see if I can make it work. Otherwise I probably will go with the HP.

Part of going with the 27 was I had read people said the 30 was too wide and my wife's iMac almost seems too big but this Dell doesn't. Got plenty of peripheral space left to go bigger.

If I get motivated I may haul it upstairs and put it next to hers, or when my mini DP cable shows up just plug it into her's and see the diff.

I'm using a mini-DP to dual link DVI adapter from Accell but have a mini-DP to DP converter on the way.

ArcaneDevice

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2003
outside the crazy house, NC
After figuring that the new CD 27" was going to have the same issues as the iMac 27" I was heading towards the HP ZR30W but it has limited inputs.

Since Apple failed to deliver a new 30 inch model I was swinging towards this 27 or the HP until I read that there's a new 30 inch Dell on the way in a month or two so I'm holding off until that shows up.

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1280998352

Dual DVI and HDMI ,Displayport, VGA and component.

Eric-PTEK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Since Apple failed to deliver a new 30 inch model I was swinging towards this 27 or the HP until I read that there's a new 30 inch Dell on the way in a month or two so I'm holding off until that shows up.

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1280998352

Dual DVI and HDMI ,Displayport, VGA and component.

Yeah I've seen that monitor. I went ahead and ordered a HP ZR30W about 20 minutes ago.

So in a day or two I'll have a iMac 27", ZR30W, and the U2711 to compare all side by side.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.