Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nexgen17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2024
Hey friends, I'm only receiving my 16 Pro Max in Desert Titanium next week, and I’m having doubts about my color choice. I’m not sure if the new color is similar to the Gold color of the previous iPhone 12/13/14 Pro models. Would anyone who has iPhones in both of these colors be kind to take a photo of them side by side?"

Treborray

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2024
Philadelphia
I just got Desert. I don’t like the color hands on. I’m returning my phone today. It looks so much better in pictures in my opinion. Even in these pictures the phone looks better than in person. That’s just me though lol

Attachments

• IMG_4231.jpeg
    IMG_4231.jpeg
    444 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4233.jpeg
    IMG_4233.jpeg
    381 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4230.jpeg
    IMG_4230.jpeg
    404 KB · Views: 45

NvidiaIntelPC

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2023
Hey friends, I'm only receiving my 16 Pro Max in Desert Titanium next week, and I’m having doubts about my color choice. I’m not sure if the new color is similar to the Gold color of the previous iPhone 12/13/14 Pro models. Would anyone who has iPhones in both of these colors be kind to take a photo of them side by side?"
It’s nothing like the Gold on the 13/14 Pro. those were super shiny and really ‘gold,’ like a gold bar around the edges. very stylish, even though I don’t usually like gold.
But Desert Gold is totally different. It’s more like sand, kind of a mix of rose gold and the iPhone 8 gold, warm and matte.
Personally, I don't like it at all, but It’s obviously a subjective thing.

RabidMacFan

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
California
I just got Desert. I don’t like the color hands on. I’m returning my phone today. It looks so much better in pictures in my opinion. Even in these pictures the phone looks better than in person. That’s just me though lol
In your photos, your “Desert” titanium looks like it’s white.
I received my desert titanium today, and it definitely has a very gold cast to it. Unfortunately, it’s a bit too “Rose gold” for me.

It looks a lot like jewelry. Topped with the Summit Stone Beats case, it looks like it reminds me of gold and pearl earrings.

I think I may return it for Natural Titanium.

Treborray

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2024
Philadelphia
In your photos, your “Desert” titanium looks like it’s white.
I received my desert titanium today, and it definitely has a very gold cast to it. Unfortunately, it’s a bit too “Rose gold” for me.

It looks a lot like jewelry. Topped with the Summit Stone Beats case, it looks like it reminds me of gold and pearl earrings.

I think I may return it for Natural Titanium.
I just took mine back. It was really bothering me. Especially since I paid cash for it.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I have the desert and some lighting it can look white and a rose gold in some lighting. from distance you could say it looks white more than anything. the camera rings though is certainly gold and I think it looks good for that.

every year people who buy certain colours have regrets on that they get. I got blue last year and regretted it and wish I got natural yet this year I still didn't get natural. weird maybe I got it as it was the exclusive colour.

even if people returned their colour here the wait is like 3-4 weeks so not worth returning anyway. not like the phone is different. you can always put a case on if it's a problem. it's just a colour at the end of the day

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.