Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Patrick G

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Just curious if anyone in the US was able to get in to preorder via the Apple Store iPhone app prior to 12:10 am PDT this morning? I began closing and reopening at 11:55 am, but the store was not available until 12:10. About five after, I was tempted to try the browser or the Verizon app, but I didn't want to waste a single second knowing the Apple Store app is typically the way to go. However, I think I probably wasted 10 minutes in doing so. Before 12:30 I had six orders in: my first two via the Apple Store app with only confirmation of my "phone has been reserved", two via the Verizon app for my kids via add-a-line, and then I went back and tried for two more on the Apple Store app because I had low confidence in the "phone has been reserved" thing. Those subsequent two orders were successful (paid, not just reserved). I probably screwed myself though because my first two orders in, by 12:15, were the ones marked as "reserved", and I'm afraid that in the process of verifying my carrier to confirm those reservations they will find the subsequent orders, which aren't scheduled for delivery until December, and for some reason cancel my reservations which potentially could have arrived on launch day or the following week.

veedubshafer

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
Yes I was in and my confirmation email came at 3:03. Not sure the exact time I got in but I’d say it was 3:02.

Enhancer4004

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2010
Just curious if anyone in the US was able to get in to preorder via the Apple Store iPhone app prior to 12:10 am PDT this morning? I began closing and reopening at 11:55 am, but the store was not available until 12:10. About five after, I was tempted to try the browser or the Verizon app, but I didn't want to waste a single second knowing the Apple Store app is typically the way to go. However, I think I probably wasted 10 minutes in doing so. Before 12:30 I had six orders in: my first two via the Apple Store app with only confirmation of my "phone has been reserved", two via the Verizon app for my kids via add-a-line, and then I went back and tried for two more on the Apple Store app because I had low confidence in the "phone has been reserved" thing. Those subsequent two orders were successful (paid, not just reserved). I probably screwed myself though because my first two orders in, by 12:15, were the ones marked as "reserved", and I'm afraid that in the process of verifying my carrier to confirm those reservations they will find the subsequent orders, which aren't scheduled for delivery until December, and for some reason cancel my reservations which potentially could have arrived on launch day or the following week.

Yeah my "We're processing your order" email was sent to me at 12:06 pdt. When it got to be 12:05 pdt and I was unable to get the app to connect I thought I was boned, but all ended well with a Nov 3rd delivery date.

madgalaxy

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2015
I did not get into the App until about 3:10, went through checkout but gave me errors. So I hit apple.com and was able to order for Nov 17-24 delivery. Then went to BestBuy.com and they had it in stock for store pickup on the 3rd.

lsbuffs

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2009
My son and I were both using the iPad Apple Store app from different locations (Tucson and Phoenix). His came up a few minutes after the go-live, but mine did not. I kept force closing and re-opening, but no dice. Ended up placing through apple.com. Doesn’t make much sense that it wouldn’t come up for everyone at the same time.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I was finally able to get into the Apple Store app at 12:05 Pacific after constantly refreshing both the app and the website on my computer from 12:00. Both displayed the "we'll be back soon" message prior to that.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Got in at 3:01 with the iOS app, completed my IUP purchase for delivery, confirmation email at 3:02am!

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
The store opened up on my iPad Pro app at 3:01am, but it still was down on my phone app until around 3:10am. I thought it was pretty odd.

Avenger

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
Gave up on the Apple Store app and ordered from att. Depending on the person, there was definitely something funky going on with the store opening in the app.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
I took my screen shot of the reservation notice at 3:11a eastern.

I could have been more diligent and used my iPad/iPhone/laptop concurrently, but I guess I wasn't all-in for this release anyway. I ended up ordering via Best Buy this morn around 8:30 for a Nov 10th store pickup.

gtmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Yeah I’m disappointed I didn’t get in ever on the Apple Store app. Pissed I didn’t go to Apple.com sooner but ordered around 12.20 and 2-3 weeks out.

Oh well I will survive this atrocity!!!

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
I got my confirmation email @ 2:06am CT and pre-ordered via the apple store app. had zero issues.

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
I think I got in at 3:15 ET — order in but 2-3 week wait. I did get a reservation in earlier prior to me retrying — said they couldn’t connect with AT&T servers but held a phone for me. Any chance that one could come sooner?

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
Preordered my Verizon Space Gray iPhone X 256GB, using the app and got the confirmation email at 3:05 EST with delivery on Nov. 3.

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
I wonder if there was any pattern to why some got in earlier than others. Or perhaps it was just luck. I kept on refreshing the app and website on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone. The website oddly started working me around 2:12am CDT. I'm in Chicago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.