Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know the other day I was chatting with Apple support on chat on an iPad-3 which I guess has 1GB RAM and for a moment I changed windows and loaded some other site and was on the other site and when I came back on the Apple Chat site that I was chatting on, it refreshed and loaded again on its own and I llost the agent I was talking to, as the page refreshed. Does this also happen on the latest iPads ? Ideally it should not get refreshed right ? Even if I switch windows ?

Last edited:

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know the other day I was chatting with Apple support on chat on an iPad-3 which I guess has 1GB RAM and for a moment I changed windows and loaded some other site and was on the other site and when I came back on the Apple Chat site that I was chatting on, it refreshed and loaded again on its own and I llost the agent I was talking to, as the page refreshed. Does this also happen on the latest iPads ? Ideally it should not get refreshed right ? Even if I switch windows ?

I think it just happened on this site, for example I was posting to some threads and while I did this it refreshed itself but the replying post was still there.

secretk

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2018
I think it just happened on this site, for example I was posting to some threads and while I did this it refreshed itself but the replying post was still there.

The replying post was there because macrumors keeps drafts of your posts. If it was another board you might have lost the post entirely.

Reactions: goobot

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
Definitely depends on the situation. It’s probably more likely to happen with something like a live chat if it’s using more resources.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Yes Macrumors keeps the draft of the post you are trying to upload, but with a live agent chat the chat is all gone if you switch to other TAB.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I think iPads glitch out and do a silent reboot where all your apps restart. you often don't notice it

Can you elaborate more on this? It sounds more like a myth. What steps do you perform that makes your iPad reboot silently?

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
CB5314FF-B6D6-4E03-9246-81C3C2CA1974.png
That sounds cool !

It’s a handy feature. Doesn’t work on all apps, but cool in many circumstances.

Reactions: willmtaylor

secretk

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2018
That sounds cool !

It is cool! You only need to check the screen size you prefer for this.

For example I have regular 9.7 inch iPad and while it can support split screen I rarely use it because the screen real estate is not enough for me to fit in two apps on it and use them productively. On 12.9 inch I assume I will use it far more often. I have not tested this feature on the 10.5/11 inch so I can't talk about them.

So yeah multitasking (split screen and overlay) sound cool but you need to really check if it's useful for you based on the iPad size you plan to have.

spacebro

Suspended
Oct 1, 2015
Can you elaborate more on this? It sounds more like a myth. What steps do you perform that makes your iPad reboot silently?

Nothing in particular. I just will notice my safari page reload itself, then switch to a reddit overlay and see that it went back to the front page from the page it was on. Then I switch to my email app and see that its at my main inbox instead of with the particular email open. I think it was a silent reboot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.