Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnsmith4452

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2019
I upgraded the 128 GB SSD on my MBA to 1TB Sabrent SSD with the the small Sintech adapter.
This is the charge information:

Charge Information:
Charge Remaining (mAh): 5200
Fully Charged: No
Charging: Yes
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 5253
Health Information:
Cycle Count: 241
Condition: Normal

I also used the Heat High Temperature Resistant Adhesive on the sintech adapter.
I have also tried reseting SMC as well.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
When you say "Heat High Temperature Resistant Adhesive", are you referring to Kapton tape?

How severe is the battery drain? This happens when the MacBook is idle to? You did clean install of your current OS? MacBook is running the latest bootrom?

johnsmith4452

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2019
When you say "Heat High Temperature Resistant Adhesive", are you referring to Kapton tape?
Yes
How severe is the battery drain?
Currently I can use it for roughly 4 hours at most. It used to be much better.
This happens when the MacBook is idle to?
I think so. Even with simple tasks like 7-8 chrome tabs open, one vcode , one terminal and one notepad.
You did clean install of your current OS?
Yes Mojave from scratch after upgrade.
MacBook is running the latest bootrom?
Yes it is

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Any unusual activity in activity monitor?

I'm using an HP ex900 256 GB in my early 2015 13" Air and battery drains about 10% to 15% an hour when using Safari, mail, and Excel. Drain exceeds 15% when I'm working with large spreadsheets with several formulas and cell.

johnsmith4452

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2019
no unusual activity. I usually check it regularly. Is it normal that with cycle count of 241, the full charge capacity is decreased to 74.6% ?

johnsmith4452

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2019
Based on coconut flavor the "macos battery status" is "Good". Based on the system information also the condition is normal :(

johnsmith4452

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2019
Currently the "Battery Health" app reports 3 hour use for 70% remaining of the battery. This is horrible compare to what it was before

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.