Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lzooml

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
Well, I've been trying to get that Win7 work properly for 2 days and I'm really tried of this crap.

Have no empty dvd to burn the lion as image, have one double-layer dvd but so-called superdrive can't calibrate the power of its laser to burn that dvd. And since I have an limited internet connection with quota, I can't download the drivers bu using bootcamp assistant.

The only option for me to get them from lion's dmg file.
I hoped if I copy the content of dmg file into a USB disk, that would work as if it's an DVD. However didn't work.

Now I want to directly extract those drivers from Lion dmg file. However there is no such instruction on the web for lion, there are some for snow leopard but they didn't work for me, suppose Lion has a different content.

As the case like that, is there anyone who can come up with a solution ?

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
There are no Windows drivers in the Lion download - they are only available through Bootcamp assistant...

Have you got a 10.6 disc - they can be extracted from there...

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You can get the DMG where Lion BCA gets it, from Software Update. You need a machine with Lion on it to extract them.

B

lzooml

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You can get the DMG where Lion BCA gets it, from Software Update. You need a machine with Lion on it to extract them.

B

Seriously couldn't get what you mean.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.